Red_Bee
Re: Integrating FlashChat
  • 2006/2/14 13:30

• Red_Bee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/12

Thanks a lot Blue Nova.

I am using an old version of FlashChat running with XOOPS 2.2.4, if I am not wrong it is FlashChat 3x. I made it work by pointing it to info.php because no info_embedded.php in this version.

http://www.tatapx.org/

Farid
  • 2006/2/19 14:48

• Farid

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/27

Quote:

Quantum7 wrote:
I managed to get the auto-login working. I ended up setting a cookie in XOOPS and reading the cookie from Flashchat's connection.php to transfer the user id correctly.

If anyone knows how to do it correctly, I'd still be interested in that, as this is not an ideal solution. But at least it works!

Hi Quantum7,

can you tell me how you did mange to have it working ?

thanks,
Farid

Will_H
  • 2006/2/19 15:51

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

I integrated the script seamlessly without any problems in 2.2.

Quote:

When you've completed the installer - with or without the bot step - you can test your integration by doing the following: Load the "flashchat.php" file which comes with FlashChat, and input your CMS login - i.e., a valid login for a registered user of the CMS system.

Thus, if you installed FlashChat here:

http://{your domain}/chat/

... then, you would open this file using your web browser:

http://{your domain}/chat/flashchat.php

This will allow you to skip the HTML interface for FlashChat, and directly load the Flash interface. If you are already logged in to your CMS system, then FlashChat should immediately load the chat, without presenting the login prompt. If you are NOT already logged in to your CMS system, then you will receive a login prompt.

I basically just followed the integration instructions found HERE

I believe that the most important step in integrating is configuring your chat/inc/cofig.php properly

Quote:

//your CMS system
'CMSsystem' => 'xoopsCMS',// defaultCMS - default CMS, blank - stateless CMS

Cuidiu
  • 2006/7/2 19:59

• Cuidiu

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/4/23

Quote:
I integrated the script seamlessly without any problems in 2.2.

I've modified the Shoutbox module to display in the center block on a page and it works fine but FlashChat looks quite nice and has more features. Does anyone know if FlashChat uses more resources than Shoutbox (I assume it does) or if it is resource intensive?
[size=x-small]Working sites:
XOOPS 2.0.16 PHP 5.2.2, MySQL 5.0.24a-standard-log, Apache/2.0.54 (Unix)
XOOPS 2.2.4, PHP 4.3.10, MySQL 3.23.58, Apache/1.3.33 (Unix)[/size]

shalommemphi

I had just about given up looking for a real INSTANT CHAT module and came across FlashChat. Even though it is not a true XOOPS Module, you can create a custom block to run it in its own window just like yahoo, aol, or msn instant chat. It will auto sign in your members if they are already logged into the site. It works great, looks great and is simple to modify for your own site integration.
It only cost $5 and its well worth the small cost to get a truly wonderful instant chat working on your site. Oh, it can also be used as a live help service too!!

You can read more about it HERE
Helping each other with Knowledge

Login

Who's Online

166 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 166

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits