SquALED
News not displaying
  • 2006/7/1 5:22

• SquALED

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/4 7

Hia all

Just updated the site from 2.0.10 to 2.0.13.2 and all went smoothly apart from the News module not displaying on the front page. The 1.2.3 ect page numbers display but nothing else. I'm using news module 1.44 and have tried updating templates etc to no aval.

Any help would be great..

Thankx

Sq

jensclas
Re: News not displaying

Did you check your block settings form toppage?

alyussiu
  • 2006/7/14 9:29

• alyussiu

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/4/9 9

I've the same problem and I'm searching the forums for a reply ^^... (I'll find it maybe ^^).

Have you resolved your problem?

alyussiu
  • 2006/7/14 10:43

• alyussiu

• Not too shy to talk

I don't know if it'll work for you but that's what I did.

I've removed the news folder from module and reuploaded the whole news folder.

I don't know if there were files left from the old news module interfering with the 1.44. Try it :).

SquALED
  • 2006/7/15 5:31

• SquALED

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/4 7

I tried removing and uploading a fresh copy of the news module but nothing happened. Everything else on the site works fine apart from this - weird.
Im getting some errors in the news module admin tho ....

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /modules/system/admin/preferences/main.php line 226
Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /modules/system/admin/preferences/main.php line 267
Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /modules/system/admin/preferences/main.php line 267
Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /modules/system/admin/preferences/main.php line 277

Might have a look here and see if anything ccomes up..

Sq

EDIT:

I saw in the error messages something about an error in dbname_stories so I went into PHPmyadmin, looked for **_stories which was showing as 'in use'?? Couldnt select anything else in that string. Hit 'repair table' after selecting and it seems to have solved the prob although I still get the odd error as posted above??

Any light on these error messages??

Sq

alyussiu
  • 2006/7/15 7:04

• alyussiu

• Not too shy to talk

I don't know about these errors. Hopefully, all works fine for me without changing anything in the database.

I hope someone will be able to help you ^^.

Login

Who's Online

169 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 169

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits