mpzacharias
howto get xoops to show on main page
  • 2006/6/30 20:52

• mpzacharias

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/30

Hi...just getting my feet wet with xoops. I have it installe and working on my site under www.mywebsite.com/xoops but I have to enter www.mywebsite.com/xoops/html as the url in my browser to see my XOOPS site. How can I set it up so that I just have to enter www.mywebsite.com?

thanks from a complete newbie...

Michael

Quest
Re: howto get xoops to show on main page
  • 2006/6/30 21:24

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

The way I did it was to upload all files in the html or htdocs folder to the root directory ie; on some servers it is public_html. You don't need to upload the html folder or the htdocs folder themselves, just all the folders and files inside.

Not sure what you could do now. You could do a fresh install. Just drop all the tables in your database then delete the folder you originally uploaded your files to- which looks like yoursite.com/xoops/html and then upload all the folders again to yoursite.com then follow the rest of the install procedures.

There is more info on this in the F.A.Q.s and the Documentation from the Community Menu.

Hope this helps.

Quest

Bender
  • 2006/6/30 21:50

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

You just move all the files and subfolders from inside the html folder one level down.

Then edit mainfile.php and change the path there to www.mywebsite.com/xoops and the correct directory on the server without the html and you are done.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Lance_
  • 2006/6/30 22:50

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

Continuing Bender's steps.

Create an index.php file and place it in your /public_html beside the XOOPS folder with the following code.
You can rename the XOOPS folder to anything you like, I use "cms" a lot.
<? 

header("Location: /xoops/"); 

?>

This will automatically redirect to the XOOPS folder when typing the your.url.com
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

Stewdio
  • 2006/6/30 23:31

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Move all the files from your directory to your html root directory. Most ftp clients will let you move files around with ease.

Open and edit your mainfile.php to reflect the new path.

*edit*

Of course reading the entire post would help....

Uhhh, what Bender said :-p
XOOPS Community Support

lllkailll
  • 2006/6/30 23:53

• lllkailll

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/21

I am new to XOOPS but I know one thing I found out. If you are using a 3rd party free hosting or a to small of packege to have a database. You won't be able to use Xoops.

I had a package that didn't have a database and I had to upgrade to a larger package that supported a database.

In my case I now have a minimum of 1.5 Gb of disk space to get a database package.

Maybe this isn't true for all hosting but I just notice you are set up as a 3rd party hosting site and added my 2 cents of experiance

Login

Who's Online

166 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 166

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits