TurtleEKH
Installing XK Editor
  • 2006/5/23 13:39

• TurtleEKH

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/23

I'm brand new to XOOPS and testing it to decide whether to use it for a current site I have. Many of my users are not very saavy, and I find the form/news posting editor rather counter-intuitive from what my users will expect (IPB Forums is what they are used to).

I wanted to try XK Editor, but cannot understand from the limited documentation how to have it replace the current editor.

Could someone point me in the right direction?

This is what I''m trying to install.Koivi

tcnet
Re: Installing XK Editor
  • 2006/5/23 20:47

• tcnet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2006/5/12

Hi,
Welcome to Xoops!

Extract xk_editor(formerly koivi) and view the index.html in the docs folder. It has alot of useful information on editing a module for koivi use.

Install the editor by publishing the wysiwyg folder to your XOOPS root/class directory and system_imagemanger.html to modules/system/templates (overwrite existing).

Many of the more advanced modules (News Module 1.44 by hervet, Article 0.90 by phppp, CBB 3.02 by phppp) allow you to select an editor in their module preferences.

For instance, if you are using News Module 1.44, navigate to control panel/module/preferences/news and look for "Form Option" and set it to koivi. Submit the update and you will have Koivi in your news module.

Getting other modules or all editors in the script to use Koivi is a little more complicated. Here are some links that helped me:

How to quickly replace all the textarea with kiovi in Xoops

How to use wysiwyg editor in module

Good luck!

barkndog
  • 2006/5/24 20:09

• barkndog

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/19

I just did this yesterday - in fact while searching for hints I came across your post. I wound up using the documentation for xk_editor and figuring it out - I'll address some things that might help:

First, like tcnet says, start by copying the wysiwyg folder to your XOOPS root/class directory. For the purpose of these instructions, you will want to unzip the file on your hard drive and then ftp the wysiwyg folder to your web site in the ./class directory.

Updating the System_imagemanager.html is not documented well. I didn't do it the way tcnet says, I went the "in Xoops" route. Here are the steps:
1)in Xoops, go to Admin->System Admin->General Settings and click "Yes" for "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?". Then click the "Go" button to save.

2) now go System Admin->Templates. In your templates (I use a set of templates other than the default, the one being used has a check at the far right), click "List" next to "System".

3) scroll down to "system_imagemanager.html", click "Browse" on the far right. Browse to the location where you unzipped xk_editor and choose the system_imagemanager.html file. Once chosen, you will have to scroll to the bottom of the templates list and press "Upload".

At this point, xk_editor is installed, but it is not available in your news module. Go to the directory where you unzipped xk_editor/docs and open index.htm. You should see a link for "News 1.1 module implementation" and "News 1.2.1 module implementation". The instructions are pretty clear at that point - I did the news 1.1 module implementation. For news/include/storyform.inc.php, I just replaced everything after (and including) the
include XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/class/xoopsformloader.php";
line.
The changes for modules/news/admin/storyform.inc.php are pretty straightforward.

Make sure and clear your browser cache before you test it.

Once you are sure it works, remember to set "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?" back to "No".

Good luck, PM me with any questions.

wizanda
  • 2006/5/24 20:46

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

the only faq's i have written and no one notices

How to use Koivi in XOOPS 2.0.13.2 ie xk editor...You just copy it to class folder in XOOPS root...

With a forum use CBB as it is standard
soapbox newest off XMDev works
wiwimod(wiki)
news
userpages

Comment don't yet do you need more graphics in post or comments.

Login

Who's Online

141 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 141

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits