rolmar1
Random Link Module / Block
  • 2006/5/18 14:14

• rolmar1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/7 4

Random Link Module / Block

Does anyone know or can suggest a module that can be used to show a random text with link in a block, it does not have to be a “links” per se.

Explanation:
We would like to be able to show a block on the home page with brief text description and with link to some content page on the same XOOPS site.
To increase visitor clicks to content that would often not be visited because it is scattered and “buried” in different modules and categories throughout the site. The idea is to spotlight some pages and to try to increase visits to them.

It would be great if an image could be included.

If no such module exists, can anyone suggest a module (as a starting point) that could be hacked into doing this.

Thanks and Saludos from Mexico
Rolando
VIVA XOOPS!

McDonald
Re: Random Link Module / Block
  • 2006/5/18 15:02

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

If you use the search option you'll will find this

Maybe one of these modules fits your needs.

gestroud
  • 2006/5/18 17:23

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Multimenu has a random links option.

MadFish
  • 2006/5/18 17:30

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

I don't think there is a module that will do this for the whole site, but many modules offer a random function (some galleries, spotlight, news, maybe smartfaq or smartpartner etc). Check out the individual blocks in each module you have.

rolmar1
  • 2006/5/19 1:16

• rolmar1

• Just popping in

McDonald, gestroud and MadFish thank you for your sugestions and help.

I will give all these modules a look and test them, if I find one that is usefull to what I'm looking for I'll post the results.

Saludos
Rolando

rolmar1
  • 2006/5/27 13:18

• rolmar1

• Just popping in

Just an update, we finally went with Random Quotes Module 1.0 by: Mario Figge [url]http://www.zona84.com/[/url].

We edited the block template not to show the author, and edited each of the "quotes" (in our case sugestion to internal content in our XOOPS site) with links in Dreamweaver and then pasted them into the module in it's admin.

You can see the it working in www.matamoros.com, it is the center / center block titled "Recomendamos".

Thanks for all sugestions, and special thanks to Mario Figge [url]http://www.zona84.com/[/url] for his great module.

Login

Who's Online

176 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 176

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits