robot
Re: Any module requests?
  • 2006/4/27 19:58

• robot

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/10

Quote:

hyperpod wrote:

If you have any ideas or needs, let me know.

I am working on a site that would update users with upcoming cultural events.

EDITED:

The module that I envision would be required is a combination of Yellow Pages module and Calendar + Events module.

Separate modules with the above mentioned functionality exist, but no single module that works together.

Ideally I would want to have a record of a Place/Location (such a theater, or club), and then when there is an Event that takes place in this Place, I would just pick it from the list (instead of entering information about the location every time).

I imagine it would be useful if the information stored in the "Yellow Pages" section of a module about the Place/Lotion (such as address, phone number, website), would automatically be displayed in the Event.

If anyone has been working on something similar, please let me know your ideas, or share your experience.

thank you

aph3x
  • 2006/4/27 19:58

• aph3x

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2004/12/26

I just wanted "myAlbum-P" with an extra option...to be able to add objects for download. Guess I'll stick to my wf-smartdownloads clone
Everything I'm not made me everything I am
The Themes

patagon
  • 2006/4/29 3:50

• patagon

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/1/8 0

Another idea I'd love to see become a module: some way of having a block on the homepage (or anywhere else) that 'spotlights' a user. this is for community oriented sites. say you give the option to users to be on the homepage for a day, so they become more known on the community (or get contacted by other users). I'd make some kind of page where users express their interest to be on the 'spotlight' (and maybe add some text about them, admins can limit the number of characters or this text). The admin would see on a page all the users that want to participate and each day chooses one (the system remebers which one were already shown and takes them out of the list). It would be cool to have the option of automatically select one user every day (or every x time. this is for times when you cant/dont want to have to choose one daily). the 'spotlight' would be the user pic/avatar (option to only choose users with pic/avatar) linked to their profile and some profile text, or the text that they enter when they 'add themselves' to the users list.

Will_H
  • 2006/4/29 13:04

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Ok i have another one. How about a module that allows you to easily rewrite your urls.

mypge.com/modules/newbb ----> mypage.com/forums

mypage.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=18&forum=1 ----> mypage.com/forums/"topic_name"

the reason I want to see this is because it pretty much displays my site structure to anyone.

hervet
  • 2006/4/29 17:34

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Quote:

Biteronboard wrote:
Ok i have another one. How about a module that allows you to easily rewrite your urls.

You are describing XOOPS 2.3

hervet
  • 2006/4/29 17:39

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Patagon,

I have noted your idea for the userpage module.

Bye,
Hervé

hyperpod
  • 2006/4/30 9:00

• hyperpod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/4

Quote:

Another idea I'd love to see become a module: some way of having a block on the homepage (or anywhere else) that 'spotlights' a user. this is for community oriented sites. say you give the option to users to be on the homepage for a day, so they become more known on the community (or get contacted by other users). I'd make some kind of page where users express their interest to be on the 'spotlight' (and maybe add some text about them, admins can limit the number of characters or this text). The admin would see on a page all the users that want to participate and each day chooses one (the system remebers which one were already shown and takes them out of the list). It would be cool to have the option of automatically select one user every day (or every x time. this is for times when you cant/dont want to have to choose one daily). the 'spotlight' would be the user pic/avatar (option to only choose users with pic/avatar) linked to their profile and some profile text, or the text that they enter when they 'add themselves' to the users list.

This sounds like a perfect feature to add to my Profiles module. I will consider adding it.
Daniel Hall / XOOPS Module Development & Theme Design
Free XOOPS Support > My Wish List

hyperpod
  • 2006/4/30 9:03

• hyperpod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/4

Quote:

robot wrote:
Quote:

hyperpod wrote:

If you have any ideas or needs, let me know.

I am working on a site that would update users with upcoming cultural events.

EDITED:

The module that I envision would be required is a combination of Yellow Pages module and Calendar + Events module.

Separate modules with the above mentioned functionality exist, but no single module that works together.

Ideally I would want to have a record of a Place/Location (such a theater, or club), and then when there is an Event that takes place in this Place, I would just pick it from the list (instead of entering information about the location every time).

I imagine it would be useful if the information stored in the "Yellow Pages" section of a module about the Place/Lotion (such as address, phone number, website), would automatically be displayed in the Event.

If anyone has been working on something similar, please let me know your ideas, or share your experience.

thank you

If I added Events to my Profiles module, then this would work great!

The nice thing about the Profiles module I am working on is that it can be used to prfile anything... not just people. So places, things, people, users can all be profiled.

Maybe a simple events module can be modified to work with Profiles.

This would be the optimum solution.
Daniel Hall / XOOPS Module Development & Theme Design
Free XOOPS Support > My Wish List

patagon
  • 2006/4/30 22:50

• patagon

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/1/8 0

hi hervet,

not sure which idea you refer to but great!...I have many ideas but few skills (well, thats a lie, none . anyway, I think you have another great module that would go very well with userpage (in a community kind of site) already almost done with the shortcuts module. Something like a clone of shortcuts but that lets you add 'friends' (which could be urls like shortcuts). Then you could add to the dropdown an online indicator (and display 'friends' online first like messenger), and a link to pm. I think having a list of your friends with easy access to their profiles, status and pm would make a great module...of course I have no idea how this is done exactly but it looks like the most part is already there in shortcuts....hope you find this interesting and it becomes another great module for XOOPS

Biteronboard,

>> i have another one. How about a module that allows you to easily rewrite your urls.

I like your idea, led me to think that another great addition would be something similar but that lets you rewrite urls to users profiles, for example here on XOOPS my profile could be on xoops.com/patagon...that with the userpage and hopefully friends (or whatever the name) could be a little myspace....

regards

malexandria

I would like you to put the article ordering back into the news module, I don't know why it was removed, but it's vital to give editors some sort of ability to control article displays without changing the publish date.

Login

Who's Online

198 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 198

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits