aph3x
Re: Come visit... but you have to pay council tax!
  • 2006/4/25 15:15

• aph3x

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2004/12/26

We also have that but at first it was the cable company that had that included in the bill, but we also used to recive another one for the same thing but printed by the national tv, and since most of the people didn't wanna pay that especialy cause it was twice...the national tv included that in the electricity bill and that's that
Everything I'm not made me everything I am
The Themes

m0nty
  • 2006/4/25 15:21

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

actually dave, you can get away with it if you only use it for dvd playback. i got away with it a few yrs ago. but you have to prove that you can't receive tv broadcasts.. ie.. have no antenna at all, and your tv or vcr can not be tuned into any channel whatsoever, as long as it's not tuned in to a channel *and* doesn't have an antenna, they can't prosecute

i get away with it all the time.. i refuse to pay for a license to watch tv.. not that i watch that much anyway. but a simple rule is, they can't prosecute if they don't know your name, they can only obtain your name from legal methods, ie they can't harass neighbours or look through your bins etc 'data protection and privacy act'. when they knock on ya door, you don't have to tell them anything, you don't have to let them in either.. and never sign that form they give you to say they have been etc.. once you sign that form they know your name and it also gives them rights of entry (via court order) the next time they visit.

Mantooth
  • 2006/4/25 17:53

• Mantooth

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/2

now that i think about it, I remember watching an episode of Dr. Who and they referred to paying a TV tax. I just assumed it was part of the "alternate dimension" or whatever they were in.

I hate Mortal Kombat

davidl2
  • 2006/4/25 18:22

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Nope, sadly not...

The commercial channels pay for themselves with adverts.

The BBC advertises it's own products, and still charges to view a set.

m0nty
  • 2006/4/25 18:28

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

i wish it were an alternate reality.. lol

tax tax tax tax.. lol

council tax = £792 per year
water rates = £647 per year

taxed on income. taxed again on that same income once it's in ya bank account.

17.5% tax on goods, 17.5 % tax on 2nd hand goods that have already had tax paid on them when they were bought new.

i tell ya, they'll be taxing air next..

davidl2
  • 2006/4/25 18:28

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Council tax is about 850 pounds in my area.

m0nty
  • 2006/4/25 18:39

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

ridiculous innit..

forgot to mention car tax too.. i'd say the average household needs to find around £2000 a year on average just for taxes etc, and thats b4 paying rent/mortgage, electric, gas, food, shopping etc..

Dona_Brasil

Quote:

Peekay wrote:
In the U.K, after a period of time, a house guest is considered to be a permanent resident. The local authority must then be advised, in case the home-owner's council tax needs to be re-calculated.

This seemed reasonable, until I was told by my council today that the period of time is ... one week!

Welcome to England.

So, what do they do? Do public servants count the number of tooth brushes in your house every week???

stefan88
  • 2006/4/25 19:37

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

About TV - why not buy a good big plasma or LCD, hook it up to the computer and it is monitor, not a TV

aph3x
  • 2006/4/25 19:46

• aph3x

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2004/12/26

That won't work in my country...even if you don't have a tv or a radio you still have to pay the tv & radio
Everything I'm not made me everything I am
The Themes

Login

Who's Online

290 user(s) are online (171 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 290

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits