El_Tea
Need Module Recommendations
  • 2006/2/22 1:19

• El_Tea

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/14

Hi all. I am trying to save myself from trying every module under the sun. If you could give me some recommendations I would really appreciated it.

a) A module for documents. Allow a certain user group to upload files (perhaps in categories, but not required) and allow other group(s) to access and download them.

b) Something to allow me to make changes to the main menu. I would like to have only one menu box and it should be able to link to the normal XOOPS content (Messaging, News, Forums, etc..) as well as links I make for specific places within XOOPS such as a particular forum topic.

c) A module for static web pages. There's a lot to choose from and it's a bit overwhelming. Basically I just need a couple of pages to post some basic information and I would like to be able to add these to the menu block I mentioned in (b)

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

El Tea

msdana
Re: Need Module Recommendations
  • 2006/2/22 1:37

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Welcome to Xoops!

I completely understand about wanting to save yourself the headache of trying out each module. You will probably get a variety of responses, so here's my two cents:

a) Can't help you there as I don't need that option. Sorry!

b) MultiMenu all the way! It's easy and versatile, I'm sure many will agree!

c) I happen to like WF-Channel ALOT, and it also includes Link to Us and Refer a Friend pages that are quick and easy to set up.

Good luck!

Dana
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

gestroud
  • 2006/2/22 4:06

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

One of these modules might work for the first goal.

https://xoops.org/modules/repository/viewcat.php?cid=21

Sophie2
  • 2006/2/22 6:00

• Sophie2

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/21

mydownloads
mymenu
content

tedsmith
  • 2006/2/22 7:51

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

I second WF-Channel for web pages. I've used it on 2 out of 3 sites.

For your documents, I use WF-Downloads (as it was - the Smartfactory have taken that on now I believe). I tend to convert my documents into PDF's and then make them available for download. You can configure it to allow users to upload I think.

El_Tea
  • 2006/2/27 16:44

• El_Tea

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/14

Thanks all for the help. WF-Downloads and myMenu are working out really well for me. The site is looking good and my users are satisfied. Great community here!

davidl2
  • 2006/2/27 17:00

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

A new release of WF-Downloads should out in the near future, so please keep an eye on the Xoops.org & SmartFactory websites

Login

Who's Online

154 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 154

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits