Lourdes
Re: Website Vanished gone dissappeared poof! lost HELP!
  • 2006/1/20 17:49

• Lourdes

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/2/26

In order to have a start page that isn't blank, you need to set a start module for your XOOPS site, even if it didn't work the first time, your webhosting company may have resolved the issue by now and it may work this time around.

darkkael
  • 2006/1/21 1:41

• darkkael

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/8 1

i think the index.php on the site is similar to yours the only difference i have is mine says include mainfile not require mainfile. i think the reason you can't read the file is because it has the php extension and is therefor being executed rather than displayed.

Thanks for trying though i'll take any suggestions! i'm going to work through the FAQ since the host didn't call back (what a surprise)

Simon

wcrwcr
  • 2006/1/21 4:48

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Hi Simon

Things look better right now
Tell us what was your "old" problem.

Regards

darkkael
  • 2006/1/21 15:15

• darkkael

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/8 1

I wrote a letter follow up to the hosting company and am waiting for a response, the website did come back on last night, so it took about 24 hours to find and resolve, all of the environment variables looked right when i checked them using the hosting companies diagnostic tools.

If i ever hear back from the hosting company i will post what they have to say as a follow up.

It does look like it was something on their end at this stage.

Thanks for all the help.. i did read the FAQ but even with PHPDebug on it wouldn't generate any errors on the page so i couldn't go any further down that road.

Cheers

Simon

erotic1
  • 2006/2/20 18:21

• erotic1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/10

Something similiar to this just happend to me on two different XOOPS sites on (2) different servers. I'am freaking out. All of the content and files are still there but it when I go into the blocks section all of the blocks are missing. One site which is running the most recent version of XOOPS has just a blank XOOPS page when you hit it. The other site running an older version still has its content but both are missing there blocks content in admin completely. This happened to both sites over night... Anyone have any idea what happend here?

Joe

smfuser
  • 2006/6/27 9:48

• smfuser

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/6/24

Hi - I found the cause of my Blank all-white home page (I hope)

I had same problem just before when i logged back in to a site i'm building...... after i logged in as admin, i had nothing but a blank white page on the Home Page. I checked the Source code of the home pages index.php and it was the same as the post someone made in first page of this thread......... it was all HTML code with no BODY to it.

I could access the Control Panel Home in Admin section, so after I read on 1st page of this topic to turn the PHP Debug mode ON and read what error message came up on the Home page, i noticed that it only had one error and referred to a file that belongs to the last Module that i installed which was eXtCal Version 2.0, for XOOPS version 2.0.13.1, but I have XOOPS version 2.0.13.2

Here is the eXtCal version im' referring to

After seeing the Debug error message referring to eXtCal, I remembered that when I was last on the site i tried to add an event to the calendar but i got the IE Error where is asks to send a report and then closes all instances of IE. So i went back into Modules Admin again and made the eXtCal 'inactive' , then turned the PHP Debug off, and then tried the home page again and all is fine :).

Anyone have any idea what would have caused this ? I have XOOPS Version 2.0.13.2 installed, and before downloading and installing that eXtCal version, i read that someone else had same XOOPS version as me, and it was working fine. Though someone did mention that they had their IE shut down like mine upon entering an event. I'm still lost as to what could cause this .... and if it is actually the eXtCal that caused it. Anyone know if that could be it ? or if there could be some other problem happening? it's first time I've noticed it. I really like the eXtCal module, so I hope there is a way to fix it, or hoping that it's some other HACK i can maybe do to stop this blank page error happening again.

Anyway thanks in advance and I thought i'd post about this in case someone else has same prob and has that version of eXtCal installed with XOOPS version 2.0.13.2... if so.. try making eXtCal inactive before anything else. :)
I used to be Indecisive ... but now I'm not so sure

zoullou
  • 2006/6/27 11:16

• zoullou

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/3/2 0

Hi,

Try to update eXtCal with the 2.0.3 version. I have fixed a bug who make a blank page. I think this upgrade will fix your problem.

Cheers

XOOPS-2.0.13.x_mod_eXtCal_2.0.3_zoullou.zip

Login

Who's Online

204 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 204

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits