Re: efqDirectory
  • 2005/9/30 5:16

• Chess

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/16

Quote:

wtravel wrote:
Hi,
I am afraid that I could not make it to spend as much time on it as I had planned. Due to the fact that I had to work overtime in the month before my holiday (while I was free from study obligations) and some personal matters I had to deal with I could hardly spend any time on this project.

I wish I could give you a new estimated date of release but right now it seems like I will keep occupied for months again. Therefor I think I had better not mention a month or day of estimated release, but this project will have quite some delay. Sorry for that.

Best wishes,
Martijn

yeh...we understand.
you dont want to dissapoint ppl by saying it will be a long time away, and you dont want to say it will be soon coz itll dissapoint ppl even more when they find out that it hasnt been released.

its really hard to tell how much more time you need

perhaps you can release what you already have

wtravel

Hi Chess,

I'd rather recommend you to wait for the mxDirectory which tripmon has been working on. What I have is not enough for a release, and if you do not know the technical design plan, there is not much you can do with it.

I will have very little time untill the end of summer 2006 due to study obligations.

Best wishes,

Martijn

wtravel

UPDATE:

It looks like I will be able to release an Alpha version in the end of February. This version will include:
-Multiple directories
-Multiple categories
-Manage listings
-Manually upgrade/downgrade listings
-Customizable field types
-Flexible placement of data fields in listing (using sections).
-Assign field types to categories
-Module search function
-Advanced search function (based on field types)
-Coupon management

In the final version I will add:
-Locations management (to assign listings to locations)
-Alphabetical Listings
-Search Engine Optimization
-Flexible directory folder name (I would not want this module to be found in /modules/efqdirectory/ on my site)

And later in an upgrade version:
-Back-end statistics reporting feature showing the number of reads and the number of click-throughs.
-Capability to automatically generate a weekly or monthly email to the listing customer showing them how many times their ad was viewed and how many times someone clicked through to their web site.
-Locations management and linking locations to listings
-E-commerce (paypal only) for a monthly subscription or a one year subscription where you get one month free.
-Premium Listings with start and expiration dates(premium listings can be defined for each category the listing appears in)

bjbtexas
  • 2006/2/7 22:18

• bjbtexas

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/3 2

That would be awesome!

Great Ideas...

tzvook
  • 2006/2/8 5:56

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Quote:

wtravel wrote:
It looks like I will be able to release an Alpha version in the end of February.

Congr. WT .... sounds like it'll be a real asset to the community, as this one is highly requested for such a long time.
Hope it'll be 2.2.4 compatiable too, I'll be happy to be an Alpha/Beta tester.

wtravel
efqDirectory - alpha version 0.1.1 released

Copied from the news announcement...
-----------------------------
I am happy to announce the first test release of the EFQ directory module. EFQ directory is a module that allows webmasters to manage yellow pages like directories within their XOOPS installations. Because it uses customizable data fields, the administrator can set up custom made directories and categories.

This is the first alpha release and the module is far from ready for production sites. In the coming weeks the module will need to be tested and features will need to be added and improved.

I hope this module will be appreciated and that with your help this module can become of better value to you. The first focus will be on solving bugs and issues though.

Design
For this project I can certainly use some help with giving the module a nice looking design. Suggestions and contributions will be appreciated.

Features
- Multiple directories
- Multiple categories
- Search function
- Customizable data fields and field types
- Coupons
- Flexible directory folder name (I would not want this module to be found in /modules/efqdirectory/ on my site)

Planned features for future releases
- Advanced search page
- Locations management (to assign listings to locations)
- Alphabetical Listings
- E-commerce (paypal only) for a monthly subscription or a one year subscription where you get one month free.
- Premium Listings with start and expiration dates(premium listings can be defined for each category the listing appears in)
- Back-end statistics reporting feature showing the number of reads and the number of click-throughs.
- Capability to automatically generate a weekly or monthly email to the listing customer showing them how many times their ad was viewed and how many times someone clicked through to their web site.
- Search Engine Optimization

XOOPS versions

This module has not been tested on 2.2.x yet.

Project page and downloads
The project page and module downloads can be found here:
http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/project/?efqdirectory

Ronaldus
Re: efqDirectory - alpha version 0.1.1 released
  • 2006/2/27 6:54

• Ronaldus

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/5/8 1

Great wtravel!!

I'll try it soon!
Perhaps you'll get more assistence when you post it in the news section...

Grtz,

cookie
Re: efqDirectory - alpha version 0.1.1 released [FEEDBACK]
  • 2006/4/10 20:17

• cookie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/25

I have been working on a community website for a city.

I have been testing addresses, x-directory, and efqdirectory...though I didn't realize it was an alpha until I found some thing that didn't work properly.

EFQdirectory has some things that the other directory modules don't have which are very good.

1. Search Bar. This would be good for categories that have lots of entries or if a person is looking for a specific entry or street name in a particular category.

2. I like the default index (http://sitename.com/modules/efqdirectory/)

The cosmetic layout is so much better than the other directory modules. The other modules are just too cluttered, especially if there are subcategories (ex. restaurants, with subcategories for different kinds of food).

3. The listings directory block is also very nice. If you have categories such as Bars, Clubs, Restaurants, Hotels. It is very cosmetically aesthetic. The other modules only allow for recent or top listings as far as blocks.

In the view where the actual listings are displayed, the individual listings appear in a very bland way. Though, this is probably an issue of templating or incomplete programming - so forgive me if this is just a template issue.

wtravel

Thanks for your feedback! Regarding the templates layout/design, any suggestions for improvement are welcome. I did not spend much time on the design so far, and I think there is much room for improvement.

wtravel

That is a beautiful looking site! I sent you a PM.

Login

Who's Online

236 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 236

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits