Re: Mx-directory - input welcome
  • 2006/1/18 18:21

• tripmon

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/2/28

Hey FAO,

Debug (PHP or MYSQL) throwing anything?
What XOOPS version are you using?
If you provide me a URL & PHPMA access, I'll take a look for you, otherwise I need a bit more info to help.

Quote:
Insert data from textfile into table.

Are you are talking about category listings or business listings, please clarify (what data / what table).

Child category listings require linkage to a parent category in the dB. To see exactly how the inserts should look take at look at the MXDIR_cats.sql file included in the dist. Note how the children require linkage to the parent category.

Remove any custom templates you may have added and update the module via modules admin.

If that doesn't work I may need to take a look to understand exactly what you are encountering.

danMAN
  • 2006/1/18 22:15

• danMAN

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/13

Quote:

danMAN, sounds as though you have made some nice additions... if you want to donate the code you have to this project, let me know.

More than willing to do so if especially if users will donate something to Xoops, however I would like some priority input over the direction in which it develops in the short term, and also have some secure knowledge that we will have a functioning module quite soon and by a given date. This may sound mercenary, and I know that you have been busy and couldn't complete what you wanted to do to the module. And I honestly respect this without a single quibble - that's how life is :)

However, my problem is that I do need a module that does what I want it to do, and soon. This is why I went and hired a coder. The work I have done up to date is incomplete, but it is going into a certain direction. If I donate the stuff I have invested a lot of money and my time into now, I will have to wait for an indeterminate release time, and then (because it will almost certainly not be what I need) will have to go into a new cycle of finding coders to again modify the module for my needs. If I have to go and do this right now, so be it, but I thought I would ask the community first if it wants to have an input at this stage.

Whatever your decision, thanks for the invite, and also for the excellent work you have done on the module.

FAO_Day
  • 2006/1/19 0:35

• FAO_Day

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/15

Quote:

tripmon wrote:
Hey FAO,

What XOOPS version are you using?

Version 2.0.12a

Quote:
Insert data from textfile into table.

Quote:
Are you are talking about category listings or business listings, please clarify (what data / what table).

These are business listings to the xoops_xdir_links table

Quote:
If that doesn't work I may need to take a look to understand exactly what you are encountering.

I've pm'd you with additional info. Thanks for any help you can provide

Fraggo
  • 2006/1/19 1:03

• Fraggo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/21

Hey Tripmon, glad to see you're back. I'm sure you'll be flooded with questions and requests in no time.

I have one question which hopefully has a quick fix -

I have pretty much modified your code to do everything I need and fixed some minor bugs I had read about here on the boards. I have one snag that I just can't seem to figure out. If I have a category with multiple pages, any sponsored listings only show on the top if the listing is on the page you're browsing.

Example: http://parkslopedining.com/modules/restaurants/viewcat.php?cid=1&min=0&orderby=titleA&show=10 - I have a sponsored listing that only shows on page 5, but I want it to show on every page of the category (as it should).

Is this something that is fixable? This is one thing holding me back on the site, so if it's just simple code you could provide I'd really appreciate it. If it's complex, I'll just hold off on having sponsored listings if it will be addressed in your new release.

Please let me know either way!

Thanks, and welcome back! We all really appreciate your hard work.

P.S. One request for a feature is to have a "tell a friend" form page on the listings instead of an email link.

tripmon
  • 2006/1/19 2:29

• tripmon

• Module Developer

Fraggo,

I'll take a look 2night and post back tomorrow, won't make you wait for that.

feature req. noted. & tenatively approved.

msdana
  • 2006/1/19 2:43

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Hello Tripmon,

A request:
Is it possible to have a contact name/phone number on the submit page that doesn't show up in the listing?

I would also like to see a text box for business hours.

Lastly, and I may be missing it in the current version, the ability for the owner to upload their own logo when submitting the listing (or when they modify/upgrade)?

If these points have been covered, please accept my apologies!

Thanks!
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

tripmon
  • 2006/1/19 2:46

• tripmon

• Module Developer

danMAN,
I decided you would gimme the code.

Post your feature requests & target dates so I have some idea of your desired scope and timeline.

tripmon
  • 2006/1/19 2:58

• tripmon

• Module Developer

msdana,

For next revision:

super secret contact number... check (just don't tell anybody).

text box for biz hours...... sounds reasonable. Strike that, reverse it... downright sensible even.

We'll (my dog and I) have to take a look at the image stuff. I rewrote alot of the image code, but I can't remember why I decided not to have an image upload there... he's sleeping now so I'll have to get back to you on this one.

Three ... ah - ah - ahh Three... more reasonable feature requests.

dougfc5
  • 2006/1/19 8:40

• dougfc5

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/1 1

tripmon,

I am now using mylink module. Is there any script that can migrate all data (website, company profile, hits, rates, category) of mylink module to Mx-directory module?

Features suggest:
1. Optional: The "More Info" (Company Profile) can be shown at the listing with limited length, e.g. 20 lines.
2. Optional: Products / Services basket for members to upload / input their products

Thanks a lot!
doug

danMAN
  • 2006/1/19 13:07

• danMAN

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/13

Quote:

tripmon wrote:
danMAN,
I decided you would gimme the code.

Post your feature requests & target dates so I have some idea of your desired scope and timeline.

Great! Here's what the directory does now:

- Changed main listing page (singlelink)
- The listing's id appears on the main listing page

Allows the owner of a premium listing to upload, depending on the type of listing (in my case I only have two premium
listings + the free one), the following:
- Upload logo (appears on small listings, main listing page, and coupon)
- Upload one main image to the main listing page
- Upload image files to a small gallery on main listing page
- Generates thumbnail images for the gallery images which appear on the main listing page
- Allows the owner to upload short captions for the thumbnails
- Upload files (doc, txt, pdf, etc) and places links on the main listing to them
- The admin can change size and type of files which can be uploaded, and nominate number of files which can be uploaded
under each of the premium listings
- When requesting an update to a premium listing, there appears a form which asks the user to fill in an invoicing address (this is necessary for some of us that do not wish to use Paypal, CC, or any online payment facilities)
- Upon submitting a request for upgrade to premium listing, the submitter is asked to read the TOS and acknowledge them when submitting (I am pretty sure that this works for new listing submission as well, but if it doesn't it needs to be
fixed)
- Upon submitting a new lsiting, a captcha script is triggered presenting the user with a code they must enter
- An acknowledgement email is automatically sent to the submitter (which includes the listing's id and whatever else the admin wants to add)

- The captcha script is triggered if a visitor uses the listing's email to send a listing's owner an email (the visitor needs to enter a code before the email can be sent)

The coder that did all this for me incorporated other scripts, and the whole thing needs checking and cleaning up.

Here's what I want for the directory to do in addition to the above:
- The admin is able to set the number of characters which the owner of the listing can upload for each type of listing.
- The admin needs a summary of the new listings, and another one for the requests for modifications. Each listing takes
one line in the list, rather than whole pages. Only when the admin wants to check one, the full before and after versions of the listing should become available.
- The module should generate cvs files with details of listings as required. For example, the admin should be able to choose a listing of all the submissions for the past 24hrs, or past week, or past month, year or for the whole time the directory has been in existence. This capacity would be invaluable for the admim whenever he/she requires to generate reports for specific times. So, for example, if I require a listing of all the modifications requested over the past 48 hrs,including listing id, name of owner, address for invoicing, contact phone number, and type of listing, I should be able to generate one by simply using a form in the backend. Furthermore, if I require to have this listing exported to my PC's desktop, I should be able to download it as a cvs file.
- It would be really great if there was a form-based way through which the admin can set up the single link page. For example, the width of the column on left, the background color, the size of font. I realise that this is done through css, but if the single listing page can be linked to its own css file which can be set through the use of a form page in the admin section of the module, that'll be great.

There are a few more things I want, but I am too tired to think of them right now and I need to go to sleep. I'll revisit this after work tomorrow.

I would really love to have a go at testing the module with these features in about two months time.

Thanks.

Login

Who's Online

190 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 190

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits