mistik
having a problem editing theme.html
  • 2006/1/4 22:01

• mistik

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/27

I am tryin to edit my theme.html via. FlashFXP and when I re-upload the file and refresh the page it doesn't seem to actually edit. I then checked the prefrences via sysadmin and I did have the option selected to yes where it says "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?". I use to be able to do this but now I dont know...any suggestions? Also I been having problems with load time and I think it's the coding I just can't figure out what. I appreciate all the feedback I can get ... thanks again

mistik
Re: having a problem editing theme.html
  • 2006/1/5 17:13

• mistik

• Just popping in

Uppin....no1 knows what's wrong?

m0nty
  • 2006/1/5 17:16

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

try clearing templates_c

mistik
  • 2006/1/8 8:23

• mistik

• Just popping in

why do i always get the jerks, that try and ruin your site?

Herko
  • 2006/1/8 9:02

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Eh? Are you referring to m0nty's advice? WHat helps is clearing the templates_c folder (except for the index.html file), this forces the system to recompile the template files to HTML, and thus accept the changes from your theme.

Herko

mistik
  • 2006/1/9 4:19

• mistik

• Just popping in

well I did that and I got a blank white screen? good thing i backed it up

mistik
  • 2006/1/9 4:29

• mistik

• Just popping in

it seems like every day I have a new problem with xoops? Why is that? It can't just be me, I look through the forums and most of the problems seem to be the same...maybe its the programming? Hey what do I know, im just a newb right?

kiwiguy
  • 2006/1/9 6:09

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/19

I think you should rethink your attacks on the members of this board both herko and monty are highly reputable members of the XOOPS community that both have brought a lot to XOOPS and might I add they do this in there own time and do this for free.

Quote:
why do i always get the jerks, that try and ruin your site?

There is no need to call these members jerks and this is one way to isolate yourself in future requests for help. Why should anybody help you if your simply going to abuse them when they do give you advice.

You seem to expect a lot from a community that devotes there time for free and when they do give you help you abuse them shame on you. You show me any open source portal or project that does not come with bugs or problems I garantee you will not find any.

If your so unhappy about XOOPS why use it then? You seem to me a person that has fiddled with his theme and stuffed it up and now is trying to blame others for his own mistakes.

m0nty
  • 2006/1/9 6:27

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

huh? it's a thankless job.

but i wouldn't tell you to do something knowing it would screw up your site.

clearing templates_c is practically the same as selecting yes to "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?" as selecting yes for that will do the same thing except it'll be XOOPS doing it instead of you doing it manually.

i suggest reading the FAQ section on themes & templates.

clearing templates_c is a viable option and will cause no problems whatsoever, unless there's a problem in the 1st place, as templates will/should be recompiled.

if you clear templates_c and then your site doesn't work, then you obviously have a problem elsewhere and is nothing to do with what i said to do..

the problem is most likely with your edited theme.html or something else.

Login

Who's Online

194 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 194

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits