Re: Surveys and/or polls on XOOPS.org?
  • 2006/1/2 23:49

• 12monkeys

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/2 1

Quote:

Damaster wrote:
Poll suggestion :

Should the XOOPS Community have the right to vote and decide of goals?
Should the XOOPS Community review Teams Leaders?
Should the XOOPS Community vote for a project management team?
Should the XOOPS Teams (dev, design, QA, etc) be treated in equal manner?
Should the XOOPS Community keep an eye in Foundation monetary transactions?

And whhat, praytell, have you or those of the group you so easily call 'community' (isn't everyone, including the Team Leaders and project management team part of the community) done to earn the right to vote/ Besides registering on this site, of course.

12monkeys
  • 2006/1/2 23:54

• 12monkeys

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/2 1

Quote:

LazyBadger wrote:
Should the XOOPS Community have the right of veto (by qualified majority)?
Oh yes! At least 51% of all members! Lets see, 37500 members, that's a minimun of 18750 votes (and growing each day). Of course, votes are invalid if no quorum is reached.

Quote:

or

Should the XOOPS Community elect Contol Committee, which will have rights to block dangerous activity of XOOOS Foundation (Foundation Board) and XOOPS Management Team (current XOOPS Foundation is hunta, not "Vox Populi")?

and

should the community pay for the salary the professional and elected staff will get to do all this? Or should the Foundation levy a tax for this? Like a registration fee? $5/year isn't much to ask.. times 37500 is... $187.500. And that's not even the same amount Miro invested in Mambo every year...

gestroud
  • 2006/1/3 0:18

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Quote:

JMorris wrote:
Implementing polls/surveys increases the risk of changes being implemented or not implemented based on politics rather than fact.

Didn't Stalin say something amounting to: The only thing that matters in an election is the person counting the votes?

I'm kidding. I'm kidding. I'm kidding.

It really shouldn't be a political thing; this isn't Bush and Kerry. I hope.

Here's some logos. Which one do you like best? Please vote on Wednesday, the 12th of Never between 0:00 and 11:59 GMT. Results will be posted the following day.

Here's some ideas we developed based on community input. Please vote for A,B or C.

I don't think that most of what goes on is politically motivated. From what I gather from most of debates going on, the differences seem to arise over procedural and aesthetic differences. And it's only 70-80 members who get involved in the debates.

Most of the community could care less. Their main concerns are how well XOOPS and its attendant modules perform. Really can't blame them. Everyone in the community puts a lot of heart and soul into their sites, so for some, there isn't much time for distractions.

LazyBadger

12monkeys:
I did't ask your opinion, the big anglo-saxon monkey. It was my small add-on for Homo Sapiens... and you'l hhave to go long way of evolution to human, before you'll get voice here.
Back to Zoo, animal!!!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Modules Proving Ground
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

LazyBadger

Quote:

gestroud wrote:
Didn't Stalin say something amounting to: The only thing that matters in an election is the person counting the votes?

OFFTOPIC:
No... He can do nothing this this show - elections

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

damaster
  • 2006/1/3 0:46

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

Hi 12monkeys,

I'll not explain here any details but if you have time and if you want, read from wikipedia how the Swiss manage their country. How they apply "direct democracy" through referedums? You should understand why they were invited by European Nations to teach them... when searching on wikipedia for helvetia, helvetii and Switzerland, you would read :

"Switzerland features a system of government not seen at the national level on any other place on earth: Direct democracy."

A little more...

"Any citizen may challenge a law that has been passed by parliament. If he is able to gather 50,000 signatures against the law within 100 days, a national vote has to be scheduled where voters decide by a simple majority whether to accept or reject the law."

And maybe you find another way than the xoopspoll to implement it on the XOOPS scale!

I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

LazyBadger

And just to note
37 000 is total amount of members, with inactive, lost...
If we count on
- week revisit level
- month revisit level

we'll get more real numbers

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

Will_H
  • 2006/1/3 2:05

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

All one really has to consider is the post by script_fu to start a theme contest.

The post was so popular, and everyone seemed so about being part of it.

Well.... what happened.

exactly.

Bravo to the out-sourcing. Its nice to see something get done.

Mamba
  • 2006/1/3 4:27

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:

LazyBadger wrote:
12monkeys:
I did't ask your opinion, the big anglo-saxon monkey. It was my small add-on for Homo Sapiens... and you'l hhave to go long way of evolution to human, before you'll get voice here.
Back to Zoo, animal!!!

LB, this is really embarrassing!
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

LazyBadger

Quote:

LB, this is really embarrassing!

Yes, and I carefully select words which have only one meaning... We in good style discuss our positopns and... this [person] try to read me notation...

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

Login

Who's Online

180 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 180

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits