damaster
Re: can xoops compete with joomla?
  • 2005/12/13 0:56

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

LazyBadger, you just make my day !
That's mean I'm always happy to read that honesty
in your post and the way you've been an actor here.
Keep acting man!

Hey David you're a big kid now, please, stop playing the victim, it's an old movie! I'm saying that to prevent you from a Dev or Leader Team hard comment like :
"If you're not happy, please, leave!"
It seems some people here are mature enough to discuss and found a solution at least to contribut to a better management and communication.

Cordially
I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

davidl2
  • 2005/12/13 0:57

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Having a holiday - back soonish

m0nty
  • 2005/12/13 1:04

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

news team is not dead..

we are here.. me and david.. yes 2 people!! 2 people that have lives, work to do, illnesses and other things aswell.. it's true that we haven't had the time or given it as higher priority as we should have.. but like i said, nobody can predict what's going to happen in the future.. i certainly couldn't predict the jobs i've been doing the last few months.. i certainly couldn't predict collapsing unconscious and ending up in hospital, i couldn't predict that i have to have regular checkups at hospital, but i assure you it is being worked on at the moment.. we have heard your comments.. but we can't do what you ask overnight.

we are 2 people!! yes 2 people.. i have asked many times, david has asked many times for people to help with news, guess how many actually offered to help? none!!

phppp joined the wox team, but yes he is busy with core developments and modules and as yet with me and david not being at the front of any work with it, there's not much phppp could do either.

thanks to kaotik btw for offering to help with news and also Bender, your help and ideas will be gladly welcomed.. so if anyone else wants to join the news team, the offer is open once again?

i feel i'll be asking this question again in another few months because we'll be stuck with a few people who can only count 24hrs in a day.. prove me wrong!

damaster
  • 2005/12/13 1:05

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

Gosh, David can't you be reasonable? Everybody knows your important contribution. Let me tell you I'm in since Francisco code it from perl. And I've been also contributing, most of the time anonymous, to many local communities without them praying me to do it.

Monty, that's why it's important to discuss and decide of a new structure. You know that's not new. Look, there's another opportunity to correct what's wrong, to learn from who knows. We learn from everyday of our life, don't we?

LazyBadger

Quote:

Mamba wrote:
Badger, in reading several of your postings, it seems to me that you tend to see glass half-empty.
Well, as "the professional misanthrope" I see half-empty glass as the mirage, because glass is empty long years
Quote:
If you could for a minute see the glass half-full, which areas would you recommend to focus on to make XOOPS a better and more successful project?

The reanimation of
Liason Team
Communication Team
Documentation Team
PR&Marketing Team
Theme Design Team
(reanimation in written order, but... disputable)
this action will can (I hope) pour the blood in XOOPS and catch worthy developers and remarkable designers.

Current core more or is less adequate to demands and requirements, but disgusting
- developer's docs
- the quality of the decoration the code
- the style of coding
harms the wide attraction of competent, professional PHP- developers, unknown marginal CMS can give nothing to theme designers, or just designers... I think, my (in less part my) artezian.ru can be used as good example - "What can real Designer to draw... implementable in XOOPS"... 3 new projects are on desk now, we'll implement hi-end design more and more times
Quote:

Which areas/teams are good and working, so we can use them as a role model for other teams within XOOPS?

Nothing, all teams are dead horses
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Modules Proving Ground
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

damaster
  • 2005/12/13 1:29

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

I testified of the theme design team death but let me tell you , again, there remains a fossil that people can learn from it.

damaster
  • 2005/12/13 1:52

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

Latin as others used to say - Sometimes it's better to be alone than to be badly accompanied, but you should know it by now, as you're a big kid! If you go outside to get a real life, and if you can see it as it is, not as you want it to be, then, if you survive, come back and play the game as a man.
For sure it will give you enough adrenalin!

P.S. Work on Themes Forge was not a wast of time, everyone learned something from it. Hope to see it publish one day!

menochi
  • 2005/12/13 2:02

• menochi

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/28

Actually I did not want to involve myself in this discussion. It is really a damage that we arrived at a point, at which many earnest Xoops-users ask themselves, how it should go on in our comunity. I do not understand that some users permanently try to push themself with negative remarks into the foreground. Certainly must be made more, that is correct, but then let us do it. Send informations and Ideas and no accusations and “blah blah”.

For me, the way of Herko, Mith, mOnty,davidl2 and others is the correct way. So it´s my way too.

To xoops.org:
If I can do something positive (Newsteam – Themedevelopment – Alpha- and Betatest and so on) let me know it. (Please per PM )

At a further discussion, I will not take part.

Regards
menochi
in valid code we trust

LazyBadger

Quote:

For me, the way of Herko, Mith, mOnty,davidl2 and others is the correct way. So it´s my way too.

Please, show as this "correct way". I can't see way, I see some type of the disorderly creeping of the blind kittens, that learned to mew, but did not learn still catch the mice
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Modules Proving Ground
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

gestroud
  • 2005/12/13 2:26

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

I'm not a coder or a themer, but if you need someone to help write clear, concise technical documents, answers to FAQs, etc., contact me.

Login

Who's Online

140 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 140

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits