mistik
XOOPS....Too Many Bugs???
  • 2005/11/28 4:11

• mistik

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/27

I don't know if its me or what. But does XOOPS contain about 329432942343 bugs. I swear every day I wake up something is wrong with my site. From the Main Menu disappearing to Who's Online disappearing. I don't know maybe its the modules I am downloading, then again they shouldn't let just any module be posted ... maybe they should test it out first. I have tables in a site block and the block just chooses to stretch itself longer than it should. I tried making the table within the box smaller (made it 0 ).... now if the table is at "0" width you would think it would be very small but no ....it stays the same and totally disobey's my command. I for one is fed up with XOOPS and will be removing it from my server.....I suggest everyone does the same before it's too late and it screws up your webpage....thank you

-VERY ANGRY WEBMASTER

I HOPE U XOOPS ADMINS READ THESE....MOST LIKELY NO RIGHT? TOO BUSY WORKING OUT THE BUGS!

Herko
Re: XOOPS....Too Many Bugs???
  • 2005/11/28 5:21

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

thanks mistik for your feedback. I hope you will find a system that suits your needs better!

Herko

incama
  • 2005/11/28 5:43

• incama

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/10/24

Judging just from givin numbers: 329432942343 bugs and you only posted 3 messages??? Further, the problem you describe here seems more like a theme/template problem.

It's a pitty you feel this way, but if you would spend some time posting your problems into the forums I surely know 329432942341 bugs would be solved.
Webdesign
Sitting Ducks?!
I hate politics, give me a stylie instead...

Chris03
  • 2005/11/28 5:53

• Chris03

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/22

I run personally 5 XOOPS powered sites, and XOOPS has been just awesome!!! I even choose XOOPS to power my Companies site.

Not too mention i host about 400 XOOPS powered sites and never hear any complaints. Like my A+ teacher said, its not the computer is the operator!
KickassAMD

Chainsaw
  • 2005/11/28 7:45

• Chainsaw

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/9/28

Dear Angry Webmaster

The problem you describe is very well known. What you need to do is remove the problem. First of all you need to identify the problem which is located somewhere between the keyboard and your chair.

After you have removed the problem, put your computer, monitor and keyboard in a box and store it away (forever).

That is all.
XOOPSed and Excited!
http://www.albanycc.org.nz...

Mamba
  • 2005/11/28 8:26

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Come on, guys! Some of you are not helping with these comments. The attitude that you're showing is pretty arrogant, meaning that if somebody has not the experience to figure out very quickly how to configure XOOPS and work with it, he shouldn't be here.

If you don't have time to go deeper and find out what is going on, then just don't waste you time on writing anything at all.

I guess, the guy just installed XOOPS and is trying to do new things that he is not used to, so give him a break.

I went through the same thing when I started with XOOPS. While i feel nowadays a little bit more comfortable with XOOPS, I still can't figure a lot of things.

For example, some things are just not working as as they work somewhere else. I stil have problems with how News is formatting tables posted in HTML. I still can't do it properly, because the table in XOOPS is stretching to the whole page, while on a regular HMTL page it is nicely rendering to 1/4 page wide and centered.

If you want to help, just ask what exactly module he has problems with, ask for steps how he got there, and then try to find a solution. If you help him, you might find a new convert to XOOPS. If you show him how stupid he is, he will just go out and tell 10 other people how XOOPS just sucks. Is this the best way to win new XOOPS users?

I guess, we all forget how stupid we acted or looked when we tried new things.

I hope, I didn't offend anybody here, but if we don't want people who are not IT gurus, then we should post a sign "XOOPS - for Mensa members only"
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

brash
  • 2005/11/28 8:34

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Quote:

Mamba wrote:
Come on, guys! You're not helping with these comments. The attitude that you're showing is pretty arrogant, meaning that if somebody has not the experience to figure out very quickly how to configure XOOPS and work with it, he shouldn't be here.

I know what you mean Mamba, but I don't think it is the fact this user is new that people are objecting to. I can't see any other kind of response coming from a post such mistik posted...
IT Headquarters
Innovative IT Solutions

gestroud
  • 2005/11/28 8:37

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Gotta agree with Mamba here. The poor guy was obviously venting a lot of frusteration, but you gotta remember: Replying with a, "Hey up your's, buddy"-type post - which is going to be seen by some first timers - doesn't say a lot about the community.

And Herko... Herko... tsk, tsk, tsk You should have been the first to at least ask for more specific details. My diagnosis is that you're suffering from the early stages of badgeritis.

terrion
  • 2005/11/28 8:43

• terrion

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/9/19

Quote:
I can't see any other kind of response coming from a post such mistik posted...

Man there just really isn't anything worse than have trouble with your website, your car, your plumbing, or anything else over a holiday weekend.

I'll bet he needed to blow off some steam and when he comes back and gives a detail description of the trouble he's having and acts like a gentleman, he'll find out what an awsome community stands behind this product.

I'll have you know that my turkey was way too dry this year and I'm really pissed about it. Maybe the Christmas turkey will be better!
Terrion
Purchase, renew, or transfer your domain name to Ultranet Domains and get a FREE 10GB hosting account. Virtual Dedicated Servers around $35/monthly, no contract. FREE 24/7 telephone ...

Mamba
  • 2005/11/28 8:50

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Hi Brash,

you always have a choice! :)

I know that the people who responded negatively just didn't like the tone of this guy's email. But consider following alternatives to mistik venting his frustration:

a) I tell him that he is stupid

b) I ask him how can I help him

c) I ignore him

Do you want to teach him a lesson, or do you want to help him?

And from XOOPS perspective as a community, which alternative would be the best?

The choice is yours, but I believe that you should consider that your answer will not only reflect on you, but also on the XOOPS community in general.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

180 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 180

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits