fowldogg
Site hosed after updates.
  • 2005/11/22 4:06

• fowldogg

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/22

Hello,

I am writing due to a "blank page" error after upgrading my website www.gnomishmarines.com from 2.0.10 beta 3 with the various upgrade packages. Each update went well and i was able to upgrade to 2.0.13.2 without any problems.

I have downloaded and ran the upgrade package to 2.2.3 Final and now recieve blank pages. I have to direct link in to various sections such as the administration page after logging in. I followed the update directions properly:

Enable PHP debug
Go to your administration area => system module => preferences => general settings and enable PHP debug
Run pre-upgrade script
After uploading all files in the patch archive, access www.example.com/xoopsupdate.php, replacing www.example.com with your site's URL. This will show error messages and no real content, but don't worry, just proceed to next step
Reload the page
Press the submit button to update the system

Exactly as shown i did each step by step. Ive updated all modules from system to the new profile module in sequence from top to bottm as well as several attempts in various order (profile then system and so forth). I have also read other forum posts and tried the hotfix file mentioned. Still no resolution.

All my users data (374 of them) is still present. If i cannot fix the listed errors is thier a way to save user and forum post data out of the DB and then inject them into a new install?

I held off for a long time on updates due to various issues now and then. While im doubting its your update scripts that have caused any problem im counting out user error as i followed the directions as best as possible.

Just wondering if anyone can help me save at least the user info. Thats the really only important thing. Id hate to have everyone register all over again but im guessing the DB is too hosed to be able to get the system in working order.

If anyone wishes to lend a hand you can contact me on AIM via fowlish and ill hand out TS/Vent information.

Thanks guys XOOPS is great and soemthing this minor doesnt overshadow how well written the program is!

FD

gestroud
Re: Site hosed after updates.
  • 2005/11/22 8:05

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

This might help
https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=80

fowldogg
  • 2005/11/22 9:15

• fowldogg

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/22

Thanks for the link :). I have already begun the rebuilding with a fresh install. I have gotten everything working i was just hoping someone knew a way to inject the user's login and passwords into the new database :).

The new XOOPS is really awesome in less then an hour ive gotten it back close to how it was thanks to improved groups, forums.

jdseymour

Make sure in the future before any upgrade to make a full backup of your site first (database and physical files). It will save a lot of headaches. Even better would be to test on a test site first, before upgrading your production site.

Login

Who's Online

166 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 166

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits