Cicco
Re: A donwload module
  • 2005/11/5 15:35

• Cicco

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/25

big thanks.. i will start to lear spanish!! ;)

greatings

davidl2
  • 2005/11/5 15:47

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

DC - is it possible to convert wf-downloads files to use RM download?

I need to update the CBB site to XOOPS 2.2.3 - and it would save me a lot of time

ClubNUKE
  • 2005/11/5 16:24

• ClubNUKE

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/1 2

Quote:

davidl2 wrote:
We are working on something for this module, and will give more information closer to the time.

When?

A week, a month or more?
Resized Image

kalpax
  • 2005/11/6 18:23

• kalpax

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/9 2

I'm just starting to set up the 2.2.3 community pack included WF-Downloads, and a basic question I have is, where do I put the files to be downloaded? At a location like

www.mysite.com/downloads/myfile.zip

I've seen other setups where there is a dir off the root, below the public_html folder, called something like "/trusteddir" that files are uploaded into for downloading. But that was another cms and I am pretty unfamiliar with the issues. Would it be better to have the files for download stored outside the public site? How would I ref that with WF-Downloads? IE what the url would look like isn't clear to me.

DCrussader

@cicco: Quote:
big thanks.. i will start to lear spanish!! ;)

English translation will be available this days from Jose Moya from GTLT

@davidl2: Quote:
DC - is it possible to convert wf-downloads files to use RM download?

Unfortunately, there is no import/export or even WF-Downloads capabilities to link the file releases thru Forum/News ...

@clunNuke: Quote:
A week, a month or more?

More than month ... :( (If someone of the expirienced PHP Coders, not pick it and make it compatible with 2.2 core.

@Kalpax: Quote:
I'm just starting to set up the 2.2.3 community pack included WF-Downloads, and a basic question I have is, where do I put the files to be downloaded?

First MIME types are broken in 2.0.5a and probably in 2.0.5b, upload not working as is.

And I suggest u to use my way, eg. upload your files to another location, eg. mine are located on domain1.net/downloads/files/1.zip (protected with .htaccess)
and page is on
domain2.net/modules/wfdownloads/ (2.0 core)
then add file, thru file managment as usual -http://domain-where-your-files-hosted.net/location/name-of-the-file.zip and u're on.

Try to use WF-Downloads 2.0.5a from Mithrandir module packs, it looks more stable than 2.0.5b (but looks, not so sure).
May The Source Be With You!

davidl2
  • 2005/11/7 10:52

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Quote:

ClubNUKE wrote:
Quote:

davidl2 wrote:
We are working on something for this module, and will give more information closer to the time.

When?

A week, a month or more?

The honest answer? I don't know yet.. but I can't see it being as long a wait as some WF modules have taken to update...

Cicco
  • 2005/11/7 22:32

• Cicco

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/25

DCrussader i try this download modules.. is very good but however the block "recent download" to insert in the first page is without the category details(the category image is only in the module index).. than the "recent downlad block" have only: download name and number of download(like the other download modules)... i would like to have : Category download (or a little image category)-> Name -> Number of download.

Do you know if there is an hack or a quickly code to have this?

However big thank
Greatings

DCrussader

Nope, this module is not well knowed here, so u have to ask Mexicans to give it more details... btw Jose during the translation notice me, that there is allready created usefull and detailed tutorial for that module - if u have spanish friend(s) wich can translate it for you, I hope u will found the answers u looking for there.

Shine
  • 2005/11/8 9:11

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

Quote:

DCrussader wrote:
Try with RM Downloads Plus 1.2, have everything features requested by you and more, the problem is - only Spanish language is available, English translation was missed somewhere by XOOPS Translations, sorry.
http://www.xoops-mexico.net/modules/rmdp/down.php?id=22
Here is the link to the latst module version

Hm pitty, this website is temporary(?) down, which makes downloading impossible at this moment.

Grtz., Shine

DCrussader

@Shine:Quote:
Hm pitty, this website is temporary(?) down, which makes downloading impossible at this moment.

I can provide a link to it (mirror), someone of the admins of XOOPS-Mexico, decides to move from 2.0 to 2.2, and they will have a lot of time to move it.

Here is the mirror on
www.xoopsbg.org

Login

Who's Online

282 user(s) are online (179 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 282

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits