phpMyAdmin: phpMyAdmin-2.6.3-rc1
MySQL version: MySQL 4.1.12a
PHP version: 4.3.11

Installation settings (XOOPS 2.2.3RC2)
=================================
Fresh install: install was flawless!
Use persistent connection?: No
Installed Extended Profiles and Private Messaging
PHPDebug enabled by default (recommended for check and recheck)

NOTES for Modules installation:
==============================
- XOOPS DB Backup and Restore 3.0 (ok)
- XOOPS Protector 2.52 (ok)
- XF Guestbook v2.22 (ok) check for fix problem at this forum
- SmartPartner v1.02 and SmartClient v1.02 from XOOPS Official Module Packages version 1.0(it's ok for core) check for desc by Mithrandir)
- WF-Channel 1.07 (ok!, but cannot use spaw editor)
- Content 0.5 (ok, i suggest for check and recheck at forum for more info little problem)
- Random Quotes 1.0 (ok)
- Sitemap 1.21 (ok)
- Liaise 1.25 (ok, but a little problem when you try to create new "Selections" form element)
- xoopspoll 1.0 (ok)
- News 1.4 (ok)

I'll report more...

And thank you for hard work "Developer and participation team" of this CMS.

Regards,
falcon73

falcon73
Re: XOOPS 2.2.3 RC2 Snapshot Release
  • 2005/9/28 2:57

• falcon73

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/21

Oups..sorry!

Quote:

Environment Details
===================
Local Server: Uniform Server 3.2a
Path to sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
Apache version: Apache 2.0.54
phpMyAdmin: phpMyAdmin-2.6.3-rc1
MySQL version: MySQL 4.1.12a
PHP version: 4.3.11

I copy this text from "JMorris". But not same config

Chappy
  • 2005/9/28 5:23

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

I have been on vacation so am just now working on testing. I am also beginning a new job, so will not have a lot of time. I did some testing tonight.

I have been playing around with the nightlies and using them for toying around with. I thought I would be able to easily upgrade the nightlies with this snapshot, but found that it did not change some things as I expected. The pint is to say that your point about a fresh install is very appropriate. On the play site where I was upgrading the nightlies when I uploaded the snapshot, many things didn't change (even if I updated the system mod and deleted the files in template_c) - I still couldn't delete users, etc. But, on the sandbox where I completely overwrote the files, dropped the database info, and started over with a completely new install, it did fine.

Operating System Linux
Kernel Version 2.6.7-1-grsec
Apache Version 1.3.33 (Unix)
Perl Version 5.8.3
MySQL Version 4.0.24-standard

Create Users - Pass
Delete Users - Pass
Send Mails - Pass
Send Private Messages - Pass
Receive PM - Pass
Registration - Pass
Send Activation Email - Pass
Activate user from activation email - Pass
Deleted user from frontside - as MarcoFr noted earler: Quote:
Delete user account frontside (ext. profile module) failed, even if Allow users to delete their account is set to On --> "Sorry, you dont have the permission to perform this action!" message
I couldn't read the accompanying error message too clearly, the page refreshed to fast, but it has something to do with undefined constant XOOPS_CONF_USER in line, uhh, 89 and a second error, "undefined index:self_delete in user.php line 90". That's proabably all I can check tonight.

Take care,

Mike
MMM...It tastes like chicken! ...

charkra
  • 2005/9/28 15:22

• charkra

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/14

Can someone instruct me if this is the correct place for highlighting bugs or the sourceforge core development bug report is more appropriate - I have posted in both areas and have not had any response from XOOPS on what else I can do to help track the problem to make it easier for development to rectify the issue. ??

I have found an issue with making a field with being required as part of a user profile - the SQL is always posting : (Carriage Returns inserted to make ledgible)
UPDATE xoops_user_profile_field SET 
field_type 
'select'
field_valuetype 7
field_name 'notify_mode'
field_title 'Default Notification Mode'field_description ''
field_required 0
field_maxlength 0
field_default ''
field_moduleid 1
field_notnull 1
field_edit 1
field_show 1
field_config 0
field_options 'a:3:{i:0;s:33:"Notify me of all selected updates";i:1;s:19:"Notify me only once";i:2;s:48:"Notify me once then disable until I log in again";}'
field_register 
WHERE fieldid 

where the field_required is ALWAYS the original field of field_required as opposed to the new set value.

I can manually set the values in the database and then I am able to proceed with the task that I was performing.

If you require addition trace log information please let me know and I will get the information you ask for.

Thanks

Mithrandir

I've found the bug, charkra, and it will be fixed in the final RC2

Can you link me to your sf.net bug report? I looked for it, but couldn't find it.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

charkra
  • 2005/9/28 17:13

• charkra

• Just popping in

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=430840&aid=1306176&group_id=41586

My username on sourceforge is rlinfoot - sorry about the confusion - just never changed it after my initial registration - last updated by mithyt2.

Cool - thanks for getting back to me on this - if there are other specific items you need tested please let me know as I wish to help with progressing the application.

charkra
  • 2005/9/28 17:34

• charkra

• Just popping in

I created a user using the email method where the user registers themselves by entering base information and wait for an email to activate. This works fine ... these is a difference between this method and using the ext. profiles method. the ext. profiles does not by default add the "blank.gif" image as the default avatar whereas the self registration does. I do not have any forums loaded yet, but will this form a reference to a non-existant image or will it ignore it completely. I am just thinking about concistancy here :)

charkra
  • 2005/9/28 17:50

• charkra

• Just popping in

Here are the results I have generated from my initial testing:
mysql Ver 12.22 Distrib 4.0.18
PHP 4.3.11

Pass - User creation admin (ext. profile module)
Pass - User deletion admin (ext. profile module)
Pass - Adding user fields (ext. profile module)
FAIL editing aspects on fields does not always work in respect of activate/deactivate (radio buttons)

Pass - Removing user fields (ext. profile module)
Pass - Searching for users by values of added fields (ext. profile module)
Pass - Send PM (PM module)
Pass - Receive PM (PM module)
Pass - Register user (ext. profile module)
INCONSISTANT Slight difference in end result to using ext.profile method ("blank.gif")

Pass - Send activation email (ext. profile module)
Pass - Activate user from activation email (ext. profile module)
Pass - Add user to group in user edit (ext. profile module)
Pass - Remove user from group in user edit (ext. profile module)

INCOMPLETE- Delete user account frontside (ext. profile module)
I am not sure where this is - can someone please explain or give a hint where to find.

Pass- Add/Edit blocks individually (System -> blocks -> add/edit)
INCONSISTANT User menu does not change whichever location you set it to - appears to always stay left

PENDING - Edit block visibility and positioning in mass (System -> blocks)

I will now start testing with a couple of additional Modules (start with xhelp) and the forums (any suggestion which you would like tested with this release?) I was thinking CBB2.2 ?

nintender
  • 2005/9/28 19:41

• nintender

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/29

Just read. been busy too:

I've got a non-production version of a site with RC1 installed. Though you recommend fresh install, I have an opportunity to test a fairly established prototype. I'll post my environment/findings and look at issues I have already discovered up till now.

charkra
  • 2005/9/28 20:12

• charkra

• Just popping in

I have found another issue : I made a user inactive and then tried loggin into the system - Correctly the message the user received was that the account was inactive and it prevented them from connecting in. The Problem:
I was running another module (xhelp) which uses the profile of the user to determine notifications and such. I used the xhelp module to perform a task that would initiate a notification task and the Inactive user was dispatched an email about a task that was being performed. Would the logic be that notifications would still be dispatched if a user was made inactive or disabled? I would hope that in the circumstance that the notifications should be suspended or something similar. I have not raised this as a BUG yet as I cannot track down exactly where the responsibility lies, But I would assume as the notifications still appear active for the inactive user that the problem should be addressed in the profile area - (which comes to the core I assume ) Let me know if you wish me to make it a bug in the sf arena. Thanks

Login

Who's Online

165 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 165

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits