toddlynn
MXdirectory...Submit...
  • 2005/9/20 17:39

• toddlynn

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/7 5

Hello Xoopsters,

I am useing MX Directory for a local Chamber of Commerce's members directory. The head of the Chamber wants all visitors to the site to come in as anon. users. Noone but admin & webmasters are to register or log in.
My question is... upon clicking the members directory in the main menu as a tipical user, Submit, Popular, Top Rated, & Special offers links appear, I would rather not have a submit link there. When a user clicks Submit without being logged in, it redirects them to the register page & for this site, thats a no no. How can I resolve this "problem"?
Also, on clicking a particular business, Rate this Business | Modify this Listing | Tell a Friend | Comments links are visible to the tipical user. I'd rather not Modify this Listing be visible either. Other unwanted links & such I have been able to find, edit, & remove but the above links I cannot seem to find to remove as of yet.

Help requested once again,

Todd
GNP Designz

wtravel
Re: MXdirectory...Submit...

Go to the file modulename/xoops_version.php and search for:

$modversion['sub']

Remove or 'comment' the 2 lines that refer to the submit link and upload this file.

I am not 100% sure if you need to refresh the module after this action, but just see if the link is still there or not. If it is still there, refresh the module and then reload the page.

HTH

toddlynn
  • 2005/9/20 21:10

• toddlynn

• Just popping in

sweeet! That part is fixed! Many thanks.

Now to get rid of the Submit a Listing link after clicking on a category. I thought it would be in viewcat.php (and in my thinking, it possibly is) but I cant find it there.

I'm pretty sure you, or someone else, knows where though :)

Todd

toddlynn
  • 2005/9/21 8:03

• toddlynn

• Just popping in

sweeet! That part is fixed! Many thanks.

Now to get rid of the Submit a Listing link after clicking on a category. I thought it would be in viewcat.php (and in my thinking, it possibly is) but I cant find it there.

I'm pretty sure you, or someone else, knows where though :)

Todd

*burp*

wtravel

Probably this link can be found in the template file that is called from viewcat.php. In the file viewcat.php, look for:

$xoopsOption['template_main']

Then go to the template file that is called in that line, and do a search for 'submit.php', assuming that is the file name used for submitting new listings.

Otherwise do a sitewide search in the module mxdirectory on 'submit.php' and you will find all occurrences where this page is referred to.

Best wishes

toddlynn
  • 2005/9/21 10:21

• toddlynn

• Just popping in

Excellent! Problem solved. Thank You! Now I can sleep a bit, get up in a few hours & continue adding the business entries. 361 of them & I'm on 119! *sigh*

Thanks again!
Todd

Login

Who's Online

169 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 169

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits