saima01
Module Administration not working
  • 2005/8/25 6:13

• saima01

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/11

hi all:

i've installed XOOPS 2.0.13 on WAMP and have just gone thru it's operation guide to help me getting started.

One thing that is really annoying me is some of the modules' administration is simply not working. Like i've installed XoopsPolls (Blind Polls). When i try to use Polls admin menu options (Add Polls, List Polls), they simply don't work. Preferences is the only menu option in Polls tht is working. I m trying to add a new poll but NOTHING happens. All i get is the address in the adress bar changes tohttp://localhost:8080/modules/xoopspoll/admin/index.php?op=add.

Assuming there might be some problem with this module, i installed another module "News". Same was the case here as well. Can anyone suggest wht's wrong?

Thanx in advance for yr time!

Saima

Antoine
Re: Module Administration not working
  • 2005/8/25 8:26

• Antoine

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/14

Could you go to your Admin Panel->Settings->General Settings and change Debug Mode to PHP Debug, then see if any errors appear and if they do post them here?

saima01
  • 2005/8/25 10:54

• saima01

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/11

Well i've changed the debug mode to PHP debug but no results. The debug mode only displays few warnings nd no errors. the problem is still there. Any ideas now?Quote:

Antoine wrote:
Could you go to your Admin Panel->Settings->General Settings and change Debug Mode to PHP Debug, then see if any errors appear and if they do post them here?

hyperpod
  • 2005/8/25 10:58

• hyperpod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/4

For your PHP.ini , is Register Globals on or off?

I have seen similar problems when Register globals is set to off

Its just a guess, but since you are not running it on a public site, turning Register Globals ON might fix it.

Just a guess.

Best Regards,
Daniel Hall / XOOPS Module Development & Theme Design
Free XOOPS Support > My Wish List

Antoine
  • 2005/8/25 11:51

• Antoine

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/14

Quote:
The debug mode only displays few warnings nd no errors. the problem is still there.

My suggestion of turning on Debugging was not to solve the problem but to get a more detailed report as to what the problem might be. So could you please post these warnings you are talking about?

Quote:
Its just a guess, but since you are not running it on a public site, turning Register Globals ON might fix it.

XOOPS and all half decent modules don't require register_globals to be On and personally I would advise anyone to keep it turned Off at all times.

Login

Who's Online

192 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 192

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits