talunceford
Re: Xoops 2.2.2 Released??

Quote:

JimLunsford wrote:
All of my sites are 2.0.13 and will be staying there. I tried an upgrade to 2.2 which borked it so bad that I had to try a fresh install and it's so buggy that it's going back to 2.0.13. This has been a sad month in XOOPS history.

I somewhat agree with this, I for one jumped the gun and upgraded my bands site, and it fooked the install so bad that I had to restore everything from the day before.

All of my sites are 2.0.13.x and will be staying there for some time, until the bugs are worked out with the 2.2.x series. I don't think that its a sad month for XOOPS though. There have been some good fixes for the 2.0.x series. Word of advice to those thinking of upgrading, make a backup of everything, your db and your site.
Tim
www.tswn.com | www.bf2online.com | aquaria.tswn.com | www.bf2142online.org

davidl2
  • 2005/8/15 21:55

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Backup is the first thing I do before any upgrade... and anyone who doesnt deserves a slap on the head with a smelly fish

frankblack
  • 2005/8/15 22:00

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/6/13

I guess I had the second face or even a sixth sense when I was starting my computer and visiting xoops.org. So I was quite close announcing the updates on the official german site.

It is not a bad thing that things are moving, even when the updates are coming very often.

What I would LIKE (not DEMAND) to see is, that the official support sites would be informed beforehand so that the local supporters have time to react quickly if there are important updates.

I fancy the idea that the local admins will be informed via sms if this would be possible. Just a dream I guess?

skalpa
  • 2005/8/15 22:03

• skalpa

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/16

Quote:
What I would LIKE (not DEMAND) to see is, that the official support sites would be informed beforehand so that the local supporters have time to react quickly if there are important updates

It almost happened this time . It will be fixed for the next releases, as we're setting up a special mailing-list to announce things to local support sites.

skalpa.>
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, and more complex. It takes a touch of genius, a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the 1st one (A.Einstein)

DonXoop

And kudos for finally setting file rights to 644 instead 755 I've been seeing. Actually it seems that the *tar.gz php files are still 755... Assuming the packages are built from the same source why are some packages coming with all files set to 755?
no max no bling. goes double for mik. triple for the insane aliases of said lunatics
===========================
Not around here anymore. Way too many idiots, so sad.

skalpa
  • 2005/8/15 22:30

• skalpa

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/16

Quote:
And kudos for finally setting file rights to 644 instead 755 I've been seeing. Actually it seems that the *tar.gz php files are still 755... Assuming the packages are built from the same source why are some packages coming with all files set to 755?

Mmmhh... I've made a new script to automate the release making process, and it does set all to 755 (except the files and folders that need to be writeable)
Actually, the x bit is required on php files (needed for some confs), but I forgot there were other types of files there... My bad, will be corrected for the next one.

skalpa.>
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, and more complex. It takes a touch of genius, a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the 1st one (A.Einstein)

Login

Who's Online

161 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 161

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits