areamike
Re: xoops vs mambo
  • 2005/5/13 18:03

• areamike

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/28

Quote:

LazyBadger wrote:
Real opinions and slution can be done only after reasonable long "exploration course" - and not everybody can do such things.

which is why there is
http://www.opensourcecms.com

That site is just for that. Users who can't load every darn CMS on their system in order to get a "reasonable long exploration course"

LazyBadger

Quote:

which is why there is

Sure??? Did you try to use this resource for making vital and responsible (in terms of money) solution?

Try to answer (using only OpeensourceCMS) on such question "What is - Mambo or Drupal or eZPublish - better choice for building multilanguage Corporate Presence and why?!"

areamike
  • 2005/5/13 20:44

• areamike

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/28

Quote:

LazyBadger wrote:
Quote:

which is why there is

Sure??? Did you try to use this resource for making vital and responsible (in terms of money) solution?

Try to answer (using only OpeensourceCMS) on such question "What is - Mambo or Drupal or eZPublish - better choice for building multilanguage Corporate Presence and why?!"

What on earth are you babbling on about??

The topic question was:
mambo vs xoops: Which are the main differences?

Did you even read the original posters topic? I did and I responded correctly with a link to a site that already has XOOPS and Mambo running where they can compare the basic functions of each of the CMS's themselves.

Geeze what is your deal??

martyboy
  • 2005/5/13 20:46

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/25

Xoops vs Mambo? personally I think XOOPS would come out on top every time, I love xoops, it's the best. And heres why:

My first venture into CMS to build a site was over a year ago and I had only experiace with a little HTML no php, sql or any other CMS, I installed mambo first to mess about and after 3 days I just thought it was taking far too long too figure out, the back end, making pages, installing modules, etc, so I tried XOOPS and after 3 days It felt like I had been using XOOPS forever, in the actuall task of getting content onto the website I found XOOPS far more easily to learn and more user friendly from an admin piont of view.

Also with XOOPS I found lots more modules to create certain key areas of my site: Discography(CDBase), Gallery(XCGal), articles(WFSection), News(News Module), etc, I could not find modules(or whatever there called in mambo) of such high qaulity and ease of use on mambo.

Ive been using XOOPS for a year now and although I am no expert, I am very comfortable using it and I would never change to anything else. And with all the development of XOOPS going on the future is looking very bright indeed.

Xoops Rules!

martyboy

yuchuns
  • 2005/5/26 21:20

• yuchuns

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/26

tryhttp://www.cmsmatrix.org and compare XOOPS with mambo

EMSguy
  • 2005/5/26 21:35

• EMSguy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/28

I agree XOOPS is easier to use then mambo, I started with little experience in html, php, MySQL etc. I started out on Postnuke (yuk) and then found xoops. It felt like I was constipated and bloated with postnuke and XOOPS eased my suffering.(pardon the analogy)

I just started to play with mambo, well the admin is confusing and group management is horrible. Modules are scattered around in the forge and no specific site just for stable production modules, that I could find.

Classifieds

Also no good classifieds module, The one that I was able to load was horrible and lacked functionality.

Xoops memeber

The one thing that I found interesting is that predator has moved to mambo. The most interesting thing is that he is working on a script to port over XOOPS modules to mambo components.

Mambo="wants XOOPS modules"

The Mambo community is very excited about this. Why? cause XOOPS obviously has the edge, the lead, the most functional modules, hacks and core, of any CMS and mambo wants it.

My view

If you look at any CMS comparison it is always xoops, mambo and Drupal. XOOPS has more of everything and a great community!

just look here: mambo covet's xoops

veggieryan
  • 2005/8/2 21:19

• veggieryan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/19

dont forget that mambo is blowing XOOPS away in the ecommerce section.. phpshop kills kshop or the oscommerce beta i am forced to work with...
.. gallery isnt up to 2.x on XOOPS yet.. so mambo wins in gallery...
.. also.. they have wyswiyg in the framework...
3 strikes..

oh and they have noah classifieds too now...... hmmm.....

as soon as i get a fast connection..
if the zencart port to XOOPS is dead...
i will be moving my 15+ XOOPS sites to mambo too... cut and paste style...

where are the module devs!!!!
mambo is kicking @$$ guys.. lets face it...
hasta
veggieryan
www.realenergy.net

JMorris
  • 2005/8/2 22:06

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Speaking as someone who uses both XOOPS and Mambo, I can say the differences are many. I don't have the time or desire to regurgitate everything that's been said to compare the two, that's what the search function on this site is for.

Generally speaking, if you want a CMF/CMS that's easy to learn, easy to administer, easy to grow with, and has a fantastic community, XOOPS is a perfect choice. If you want a CMF/CMS that has WYSIWYG editors integrated into the core, a complex, but highly customizable theme engine, with tons of very high quality themes, and you don't mind coding your own modules, Mambo may be right for you.

Really, it just depends. When choosing which CMF/CMS to use for the job, I have to look at numerous factors, the most important factor being who is going to administer the site. If they can barely log into webmail... XOOPS all the way. If they're savy and have a need for a highly customized layout, I may choose Mambo. 9 times out of 10, I choose XOOPS. It's pretty rare I have a need that cannot be answered here. That, and XOOPS is just that easy to use. It saves me a ton of time and my clients a ton of money.

I know this doesn't really answer the question, per say, but I wanted to give you an objective viewpoint from someone who uses both systems.

Hope this helps.

JMorris
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

davidl2
  • 2005/8/2 22:09

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

I tried mambo, and neither liked it or the support... I'm happy enough here

Jharis
  • 2005/8/2 23:00

• Jharis

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/13

I haven't tried mambo, but they sure do have some nice skins. That would be the lure for me. Any change XOOPS could get a sysiwyg theme editor or other CMS theme converter.

don (el paso)
motto - green chili for everything!

Login

Who's Online

244 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 244

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits