Chris03
IPboard issues
  • 2005/7/23 1:46

• Chris03

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/22

Using XHELP on XOOPS 2.0.13 and i installed IPboard to my site all is well tell you view the board....

cannot redeclare session in modules/support/class/session.php line 9

class Session {

/**
    * Session constructor<br />
    * Starts the session with session_start()
    * <b>Note:</b> that if the session has already started,
    * session_start() does nothing
    * @access public
    */

function Session()
   {
       @
session_start();
   }

/**
    * Sets a session variable
    * @param string name of variable
    * @param mixed value of variable
    * @return void
    * @access public
    */

function set($name$value
   {

$_SESSION[$name] = $value;
   }

/**
    * Fetches a session variable
    * @return mixed value of session variable
    * @access public
    */

function get($name)
   {
       if (isset(
$_SESSION[$name])) {
           return 
$_SESSION[$name];
       } else {
           return 
false;
       }
   }

/**
    * Deletes a session variable
    * @return void
    * @access public
    */

function del($name)
   {
       unset(
$_SESSION[$name]);
   }

/**
    * Destroys the whole session
    * @return void
    * @access public
    */

function destroy()
   {

$_SESSION = array();

session_destroy();
   }
}

What can i do about this? BBpixel is useless.....no support there at all for either of my topics after days and days of waiting....
KickassAMD

pod
Re: IPboard issues
  • 2005/7/23 1:53

• pod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/19

Has IPB already been ported to XOOPS 2.0.13?

Be sure that it has, and be sure that you have the right version of IPB - it must match your XOOPS version.

If this doesn't help, I'm sure m0nty will know...
www.myxoops.com - MyXoops Is Your XOOPS!

m0nty
  • 2005/7/23 2:27

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

Quote:

What can i do about this? BBpixel is useless.....no support there at all for either of my topics after days and days of waiting....

that's a bit unfair and not true. the support of x-ipb is probably 1 of the best supported that any non XOOPS ported 3rd party script has ever received by xoops.

i've been busy the last few weeks, with personal life, ISP issues (of which i was taking them to court, but they have since admitted they were at fault, so it might no goto court now) so i haven't had any time at all.

your particular problem i can't exactly help you with. for 1 it's to do with xhelp, that module i know nothing about. but apparently it's trying to use a session that's already started.. i don't particularly know why as i'm not a coder.. it could be to do with some session having the same name i dunno.. but as it's saying;

"cannot redeclare session in modules/support/class/session.php line 9" that tells me it's an Xhelp problem and not x-ipb problem.. have you contacted the xhelp developers for their assistance at all? because i see in their forum on dev.xoops.org the exact same bug reported there and ways to solve it (i think) you might wanna actually go check that out.

Chris03
  • 2005/7/23 3:50

• Chris03

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/22

Yes there is an update to work with 2.0.13....and XHELP works fine...its the forums that are complaining....... and there support is wonderful.....post has been unanswered for days now.....last post....months ago still no reply...... Great support :|
KickassAMD

billyvision

Testimonial!

Quote:

m0nty wrote:
that's a bit unfair and not true. the support of x-ipb is probably 1 of the best supported that any non XOOPS ported 3rd party script has ever received by xoops.
it (i think) you might wanna actually go check that out.

I always get full and fast support from bbpixel.com, you guys are the best. thanks a million!

m0nty
  • 2005/7/23 11:49

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

Quote:

Chris03 wrote:
Yes there is an update to work with 2.0.13....and XHELP works fine...its the forums that are complaining....... and there support is wonderful.....post has been unanswered for days now.....last post....months ago still no reply...... Great support :|

cannot redeclare session in modules/support/class/session.php line 9

is an error with xhelp, i see no ipboard error message. in my opinion it's a problem with XHELP not ipboard. until i learn differently.

i have seen this error message on xhelp forum, so you might want to ask them about it.

http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1036&forum_id=217

7th post down.

taherk
  • 2005/7/23 17:22

• taherk

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/28

I have installed IPB, and it is running fine, but I know IPB updates some XOOPS files. So If I have a site running on 2.0.13 and if I upgrade to 2.2 stable in future, I am thinking that IPB will not work properly. As IPB code changes will be overwritten by 2.2

So how do I resolve this issue

Bender
  • 2005/7/23 18:45

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Wait for the final.

I guess Monty will provide updated files then (if time permits) or someone else will do. But i guess no one would be interested to change those for every RC. Therefore ... guess you need to have patience.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

m0nty
  • 2005/7/23 20:27

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

yup.. do not upgrade to XOOPS 2.2 if you are using x-ipb till you know that there is an update for x-ipb to make it work, otherwise your site will not work right and the forum definitely won't.

my last attempt at getting x-ipb to work with 2.1 failed with many errors and problems.. but that could have been because of the bugs that were present in the beta releases after then i stopped trying to make it work till a more stable version came out.. i haven't attempted with the RC releases and i'll probly wait till the final release now as it get's tiresome and i'm a bit busy lately on & offline..

taherk
  • 2005/7/23 22:04

• taherk

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/28

Thanks for you support Monty.... Just to get timelines, so that I can plan on my side, How many days/week will you need to provide an update to x-ipb after 2.2 is released.

Login

Who's Online

217 user(s) are online (153 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 217

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits