finnerss
English and Spanish Xoops with different content?
  • 2005/7/22 6:31

• finnerss

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/1/8 2

Hi, I'm in a bit of a problem, we started an online community which will have different news and probably different content in the modules, and to be divided in English and Spanish...

My question is if I can install 2 XOOPS in my server's route, for instance xoops1 and xoops2 but using the same database so the users can log in automatically to either version of the web-site while maintaining their different content in each.

Please help me out, I thought of making a fresh install in that "xoops2" directory and setting the Table databases to some other name, but of course, then the users wouldn't be recognized to log in automatically to both websites.

The other option might be by setting topics in the news for english and spanish, but then the core wouldn't be translated :(

Please help me out a bit. Couldn't find something similar in the threads and esxoops.com hasn't replied either.

My website is at www.gplegacy.com

Thanks

Sergio

zeroram
Re: English and Spanish Xoops with different content?
  • 2005/7/22 9:01

• zeroram

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/6/30

Sergio what you need is Marcans Multilanguage Module

you can create a full multilanguage site with this module,

you can even create custom tags for the word that are not translated by the XOOPS core

see a working example on my site...

www.enlacelatino.com

just click on the flags to the right to see the complete trasnlation.

finnerss
  • 2005/7/23 20:56

• finnerss

• Just popping in

Thanks for the info I will sure use this for now, but the main problem is the buttons are the most important deal... and it seems those aren't translated, if they are 2 different XOOPS versions, one with english language, and another one in spanish language, is it possible to "switch sites" to move from one XOOPS install to the other?

zeroram
  • 2005/7/24 3:12

• zeroram

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/6/30

you can traslate almost anything

for images too...

check here

http://www.enlacelatino.com/modules/directorio/savings.php

then click on the language flags

you will see that on spanish language the image load as a CUPON and for english it will load the image COUPON

finnerss
  • 2005/7/28 3:13

• finnerss

• Just popping in

Thanks I will surely try it :)

Sergio

vizuonline
  • 2005/7/28 10:38

• vizuonline

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/5 1

This module is great, very useful. I have another language dilemna, What about having two different languages for content.

For example I have a classifieds module and I enter the content in french and english so in each listing the description is in both french and english but it would be great if the content too could be split by lanugage depending on their chosen laguage. I have tried creating two different ads one in each language but it bulked up the results of searches and it looks pretty bad when the same ad appears to show up twice.

Does this exist somewhere? I'm not skilled enough to modify the classifieds module myself.

Thank you

Herko
  • 2005/7/28 11:07

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Marcan's language hacks do just that: they show only the text in the selected language. You can also try phppp's xlanguage module, that does the same.

Herko

finnerss
  • 2005/7/30 2:29

• finnerss

• Just popping in

Thanks Herko, will definitely need to try them both

Sergio

Login

Who's Online

237 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 237

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits