LazyBadger
XOOPS scalability

Is it real for XOOPS (current XOOPS with caching most of ... enabled) to handle 300,000 hits per day... on good server, which now handle this amount of hits ob CMS without internal cache, but with nginx?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Modules Proving Ground
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

LazyBadger
Re: XOOPS scalability

?!

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

LazyBadger

[size=xx-large]?[/size]

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

Herko
  • 2005/7/21 13:59

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

300.000 hits/day? XOOPS with what? forum? news? shoutbox? FAQ? downloads? lots of interaction? or just lots of viewing?

With a decent server you can do a lot. XOOPS.org gets over 100.000 hits/day (not visitors, that's about 10.000), and we have not the biggest of servers (dual celeron 700 mhz wih 1.5 GB RAM).

It is recoomended to do a lot of server tweaking tho, and using a PHP accelerator helps too. Using XOOPS caching also helps, but it depends on what you cache (and more importantly what is not cached) if this is a big influence on performance.

Herko

birdseed
  • 2005/7/21 14:27

• birdseed

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/26

Hi

Xoops and scalability IS a problem in my opinion. When I have a look at the xoops2 core, i don´t know if i should cry or be happy. The functionality is good, the core is well structured, but I would wish that more developers would take time to use a zend debugger and take the one or two hours which it takes to step through the code.

There are so many features where the OOP Concept was pushed without caring for performance. The XoopsObject, The Criteria/CriteriaCompo.

The smarty core is a hell of function calls simply to load a template, which could be a simple file include plus some checks and assignments.

We have many XOOPS modules. I like xoops, but I´m not happy what some of the developers made of it. :(

greetings
MK

LazyBadger

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:
300.000 hits/day?
Yes, in dark days of new release Quote:
XOOPS with what? forum?

Yes, not so active - rather small (significantly less than 100 posting per day)
Quote:
news?

1 new on a month or longer

Quote:
FAQ? downloads?

Yes
Quote:
...just lots of viewing?
Lots of viewing static (rarely changed) content and some downloads (hundreds per day)in ordinary days, and almost only downloads (from hundreds to ~1000 parallel downloads) in release days

Quote:
With a decent server you can do a lot.

Two DualXeon 2.4 with 2G memory

Quote:

It is recoomended to do a lot of server tweaking tho, and using a PHP accelerator helps too.
It's obvious

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

Login

Who's Online

153 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 153

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits