JimLunsford
Re: WHY????

Quote:
This is the type of mentality that is slowing the internet down. Like people who "dumb" down their code to accomidate people with older browsers or slower connections. Why stifle our creativity for people with lesser technologies.

So making sure that something fits everyones needs is slowing down the Internet and dumbing down code? Here is a news flash for you, the majority of the people on the Internet are still using 800x600 and are still on dialup. I think you need to check your facts before making a statement like that.

If you want better themes then I suggest you learn how to do them yourself. There are plenty of resources out there to help you learn.

davidl2
  • 2005/7/13 14:01

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

If you really like that sort of over-flashed style of theme, It wouldnt be that difficult to convert to Xoops.

But as Jim says - most people are on dialup, and there are others who don't take kindly to this style...

solo71
  • 2005/7/13 14:12

• solo71

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/1/29

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying I'm a good theme designer, but with a little bit of courage you could drop your hands in the code and show us what you can do.

Have a look at the WolFactory themes. If I can do that kind of themes, I'm sure anyone else could as well.

No blaming here, but instead of complaining about something, do something to change it.

No one else would do it anyway...

Oh, and if you want the 'core team' to 'hire' a webdesigner, you may want to visit this page.

Ronaldus
  • 2005/7/13 14:53

• Ronaldus

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/5/8 1

In this thread are examples enough of more graphical themes/sites. Thereby: I agree with the posters who state that there are possibilities enough to use your own creativity.

To answer the original question (Why can't we have themes like this?): We can and do have'em.

And don't forget: XOOPS, powered by YOU.

That's my 2c.

HTH,

davidl2
  • 2005/7/13 14:58

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

Thanks Solo - I meant to include yours as well.. as very nice examples of XOOPS themes :) - I couldn't remember the URL however

(I blame the hot sun in Belgium for my bad memory, when I attended Pili-Pili this weekend )

bluenova

Quote:
I blame the hot sun in Belgium for my bad memory

Where?? Think I've been indoors to much this week

davidl2
  • 2005/7/13 15:20

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

Visé @ the Pili-Pili festival

davidl2
  • 2005/7/13 15:45

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

Definately worth checking out some entries here:

https://xoops.org/modules/news/index.php?storytopic=3

tvepsorg
  • 2005/7/13 17:15

• tvepsorg

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

Quote:

JimLunsford wrote:
Quote:
This is the type of mentality that is slowing the internet down. Like people who "dumb" down their code to accomidate people with older browsers or slower connections. Why stifle our creativity for people with lesser technologies.

So making sure that something fits everyones needs is slowing down the Internet and dumbing down code? Here is a news flash for you, the majority of the people on the Internet are still using 800x600 and are still on dialup. I think you need to check your facts before making a statement like that.

If you want better themes then I suggest you learn how to do them yourself. There are plenty of resources out there to help you learn.

I have a news flash for YOU... if people had this mentality we'd all still be using betamax because "the majority" were using it.

davidl2
  • 2005/7/13 17:16

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

Betamax was actually a better format technically, so this would not have been a bad thing

Login

Who's Online

255 user(s) are online (187 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 255

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits