EMSJDOE
Red X everywhere
  • 2005/7/12 9:03

• EMSJDOE

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/12

Alright i have read for several days worth of info trying on this site and others to find out what is going on. I like others am having trouble with browsers viewing the site. Im running XOOPS 2.0.13 and the install went with out a problem on a midphase server. Every time I go to my site on IE nothing but red x's show up for the gif or other pics. Even a banner linked from my other site under partners wont work(www.nightoutingreenville.com and this site www.greenvillepong.com but its block off till im ready to put it live). And with Fire fox nothing but the background image will show up at all. I have tried emptying my temp files cookies and everthing eles on both browsers.

I did read extensivly in the faq and reported bugs to find the answer to this problem but i havent been able to do so. Can anyone help point me into the right direction. Thanks

John

Xtracted
Re: Red X everywhere
  • 2005/7/12 12:40

• Xtracted

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/7 2

Looks just fine to me?

EMSJDOE
  • 2005/7/12 13:41

• EMSJDOE

• Just popping in

The site with XOOPS is www.greenvillepong.com and its behind a password till i have it up and running. The other site runs fine with vb.

Ronaldus
  • 2005/7/12 14:56

• Ronaldus

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/5/8 1

Red X is due to wrong path to image file.
Did you check this?

HTH,

EMSJDOE
  • 2005/7/13 5:43

• EMSJDOE

• Just popping in

I havent checked it but ever image on the site does it. Just for refrance i havent added any images the red x's are from the base software that i installed 2.0.13. So all images dont show up even the ones supplied with the software. The same link for my banner is under partners and works on my other site but dosent work wit XOOPS it gives the famous red x.

So if what your saying is right then during the install the path to the photos wasnt installed right and that is why im getting red x's. And if that is true how do i check and fix it or do i just try for a reinstall.

Ronaldus
  • 2005/7/13 6:04

• Ronaldus

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/5/8 1

Sounds strange...

Perhaps you can check by clicking with right mouse button on a red X and view properties.
Then you see the path.
Check the path, if the corresponding image is uploaded indeed.
You can also view source and then the corresponding directory.

I had a similar thing once when I made a few changes in a file in Dreamweaver. Dreamweaver changed the path.
Since then I open files with images in notepad...

Good luck and greetz,

EMSJDOE
  • 2005/7/14 14:13

• EMSJDOE

• Just popping in

Alright well i still have the problem i un installed everthing and tried to do it again and im still having the problem. So if anyone eles has an idea how to fix this please let me know. im not the only one having this problem check this link outhttps://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=293

If i cant find a solution soon i will have to go with anouther cms and out of all the freeware i have found this looks the best for what i need. So if anyone eles can think of anything let me know.

Shine
  • 2005/7/14 14:19

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

Have you upload all the images and files properly. With this I mean Binary and ascii?
And last: occurs this redx within firefox or within IE?

Grtz., Shine

EMSJDOE
  • 2005/7/15 5:32

• EMSJDOE

• Just popping in

I use core ftp to upload the files and it has an auto detection....

With IE i get the red x with fire fox i get no x or buttens(imagies at all)

When i even get to the install page with ie the images dont even show up there. All i see is red x's and english selection and the install butten. Its not just with my computer its with every computer i have tried to look at my page from.

Login

Who's Online

230 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 230

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits