arrakis
Theme and relative Templates
  • 2005/6/27 14:58

• arrakis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/1

Hello all, yes, I've read the FAQhttps://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=208 :) But I have a question about cloning a theme and working on the templates of the new theme.

What I want to do is to renew my site, which is running good since a year now, but I don't want to work on the actual theme and templates while visitors see the works in progress, and I don't want to close the site for maintenance, I want to do a secondary theme and then work on it, on the theme.html and relative templates, but seems that the template sets are unique for all the themes, or am I missing something? I mean, is possibile to have a separate template set for each theme, should I clone a template set and associate it to a theme??

In the end, when all is ready, I just make the new theme the default one and the people will see it.

Thanks for the suggestions

Gambero[removed]
Re: Theme and relative Templates

Why don't you just make a new fresh XOOPS instalation to be a test site ?

Mithrandir

Or do this:

1) Copy existing theme to a new folder - cloning the theme
2) Create a new subfolder to the themes/newtheme/ folder, called "templates"
3) Create subfolders to "templates" with the name of each module you want to change the templates of (e.g. themes/newtheme/templates/news or themes/newtheme/templates/system - or themes/newtheme/templates/system/blocks)
4) Enable "Update module templates from themes/yourtheme folder" in System Admin -> General Settings
5) Enable the theme selection block for your own user and make the theme selectable from that block
6) Put the changed templates in the relevant subfolders

Enjoy
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

banned
  • 2005/6/27 16:37

• banned

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/16

>4) Enable "Update module templates from themes/yourtheme folder" in System Admin -> General Settings

This is a very Database killer, can't be possible in next releases (2.2, 2.4?) to 'hook' a certain theme to a certain template set?

Login

Who's Online

148 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 148

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits