chrisgoat
New to XOOPS need some help
  • 2005/6/24 20:01

• chrisgoat

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/24

Hello all hoping to get some help I have recently installed XOOPS and all runs good I have it running on a apache, php, MySQL on windows xp pro all updated with the newest versions.
Everything seems to be running sooth but I am having problems with permissions seems that it is hard to get windows to allow right permission I mean as far as people being able to upload pic, etc it seems that for some reason it will allow uploading of avitars but nothing else, anyone know what exactly I have to do to allow for uploads to this system.
Not sure but from what I have read you have to enable 777 permissions to the folder and in windows xp pro I have enabled sharing but does not seem to work.
I have tried using my ftp client program and it will not change to the 777 any help on this would be great.
Thank You
Chris

wcrwcr
Re: New to XOOPS need some help
  • 2005/6/24 20:19

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

hi chris
welcome aboard

I guess you must set the folders and files as "File" and be shure that "read only" are unchecked.

Hope this helps

kgmetcalfe
Re: New to XOOPS need some help
  • 2005/6/24 20:20

• kgmetcalfe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/24

admin section - system admin - groups.

make sure you have enabled only those that you want people to get into... if this isnt what your asking - my appologies.

also - XOOPS has so many different layers of security - you pretty much have to go through and check for your self...

also the faq probably has it in there.

Login

Who's Online

139 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 139

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits