chrisgoat
New to XOOPS need some help
  • 2005/6/24 20:01

• chrisgoat

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/24

Hello all hoping to get some help I have recently installed XOOPS and all runs good I have it running on a apache, php, MySQL on windows xp pro all updated with the newest versions.
Everything seems to be running sooth but I am having problems with permissions seems that it is hard to get windows to allow right permission I mean as far as people being able to upload pic, etc it seems that for some reason it will allow uploading of avitars but nothing else, anyone know what exactly I have to do to allow for uploads to this system.
Not sure but from what I have read you have to enable 777 permissions to the folder and in windows xp pro I have enabled sharing but does not seem to work.
I have tried using my ftp client program and it will not change to the 777 any help on this would be great.
Thank You
Chris

wcrwcr
Re: New to XOOPS need some help
  • 2005/6/24 20:19

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

hi chris
welcome aboard

I guess you must set the folders and files as "File" and be shure that "read only" are unchecked.

Hope this helps

kgmetcalfe
Re: New to XOOPS need some help
  • 2005/6/24 20:20

• kgmetcalfe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/24

admin section - system admin - groups.

make sure you have enabled only those that you want people to get into... if this isnt what your asking - my appologies.

also - XOOPS has so many different layers of security - you pretty much have to go through and check for your self...

also the faq probably has it in there.

Login

Username:
Password:

Lost Password? Register now!

Who's Online

61 user(s) are online (38 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 61

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits