Catzwolf
Re: XOOPS is forked
  • 2005/6/1 19:22

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

It seems everyone is going on about XOOPS being forked and how this is doing damage to Xoops, but the fact is that i would even call it a fork. The Japanese community are creating a XOOPS for themselves and it is still called Xoops.

Seems to me that both versions will work together at some point coding wise.

The fact is that XOOPS was forked two years ago and is still here and I am sure that XOOPS will be forked again, but the fact is XOOPS will still be here and with a very good user base.

Now lets get back to basics and get the job done at hand ok.

tzvook
  • 2005/6/2 15:41

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Quote:

Catzwolf wrote:
Hey Tzvook,
Nice to see you are still around old timer :-p

Catz

Yep, still around .. with all kinda forks flying in the blue sky

Now seriously ppls, the whole forum is full of forks staff, leave this whole staff behind, everyone here got scared from nothing...
This community is solid as an open soource community can be. amasing future ahead with this Xoops 4 "Xoosphere" Development ... I had to read it 4 times till my tired brain got over all those "forks" "forks" yals in here ...

A few interesting modules also released ("Membership Module" is very interesting, CBB is great, Weblinks is a great replacement for mylinks, plus the fact that google like it A LOT) .... and the "efqDirectory" is gonna come soon (I hope) .. so all is good then ever ... stop yalling, my newborn baby is crying less ...

You know the story about the kid that scared everyone by shouting "WOLF" "WOLF" .. and nobody belived him anymore ... but you see, Now the Wolf is back ... you can stop shouting

Let's focus on the good staff here, which is US, building together a thing which is BIGGER then US.

P.S. .. just finished a new project (not a XOOPS one unfortunatly) which I'm very proud of...http://www.netanya.muni.il/Tourism/ ...) so I'm free again for a little xoopsing

Mikhail
  • 2005/6/23 15:40

• Mikhail

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/1/19

I have more modules and themes and languages for xoops2 than xoops.org ( now xoops.com , commercial ) - and today the project was replaced again by Mithrandir and xoops, because Mithrandir think that is inative.

The real XOOPS is japonese. This is a commercial project that use the same name, and incompatible with my ideas about opensource.

Here is:
http://www.xoops.com

wtravel

What is commercial about XOOPS? As far as I know XOOPS only acquired the .com name as well for promotional purposes.

In my point of view XOOPS can serve some commercial purposes for consultants, designers etcera. The code itself is openSource and bound to the GPL license. Nothing new about that...

Mikhail
  • 2005/6/23 15:50

• Mikhail

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/1/19

Quote:

wtravel wrote:
What is commercial about XOOPS? As far as I know XOOPS only acquired the .com name as well for promotional purposes.

In my point of view XOOPS can serve some commercial purposes for consultants, designers etcera. The code itself is openSource and bound to the GPL license. Nothing new about that...

Im talking about XOOPS.COM and FOXTOTAL.COM.BR
My work was replaced (ou melhor, roubado)

wtravel

I must be missing something about xoops.com being commercial, since xoops.com points to xoops.org. Please elaborate.

The other domain I know nothing about and I think that it has to do with your dispute with the hosting provider you are trying to display on this forum. The xoops.org forum is not the right place for that dispute. Please solve that matter outside this forum.

DonXoop

Mik, why are you cross posting and quoting your own threads all over the place? No, don't answer that, I don't care. I only care that you stop this drivel.

At the risk of having my own posts edited or deleted I really must say this is beyond hope. If the admins want to edit my posts because I'm more than fed up with this than might as well disable my account. This has gone way too far.

If devs and wannabe devs would just work on their projects and not waste time searching the planet for controversy they might find that their work will speak for itself. Paranoia at the extreme.

I'm all for letting people rant to themselves in a single thread since I can easily ignore it. But when they pop up in other threads all the time with paranoid nonsense there comes a time when it becomes irritating. We are way beyond that point for my tastes.

buh bye mik.
no max no bling. goes double for mik. triple for the insane aliases of said lunatics
===========================
Not around here anymore. Way too many idiots, so sad.

davidl2
  • 2005/6/23 16:07

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Mikhail - i am sorry for this but
[size=xx-large]PLEASE GET A LAWYER AND DEAL WITH THIS OUTSIDE OF THIS FORUM!!!![/size]

pod
  • 2005/6/23 16:11

• pod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/19

I'm sorry I even started this thread. I would defer all future replies to this thread.

*sigh*
www.myxoops.com - MyXoops Is Your XOOPS!

m0nty
  • 2005/6/23 16:13

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

me too now. and i've tried to stay neutral to both sides of brazil, but i've had enough now too.

xoops.com was only acquired by XOOPS recently (within the last couple of weeks or so) this was not acquired out of business or commercial interests.. it was acquired because the domain name was previously registered to someone else who had nothing to do with XOOPS (i believe) and xoops.com recently expired and previously it wasn't used or doing anything so when it expired it was a good opportunity.. so i believe herko jumped in quick and purchased the domain so as to keep it for XOOPS.. there is no commercial aspect to it that i know of.

Login

Who's Online

180 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 180

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits