TCMTCM
Problem after replacing core files
  • 2005/6/20 22:17

• TCMTCM

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/4 1

I have been running my XOOPS site Nintendo Revolution Gaming for around a month now, and have had few problems.

However, deciding that my games database could benefit from more options, I decided to download WF-Sections from WF-Projects. After opening the zip, and seeing folders etc. similar to the core XOOPS ones, I thought that modifications to the root folder were needed and so put all the files in the XOOPS root folder via FTP, deleting the old ones.

I had taken a backup before this, which meant that all was not lost. I deleted all the files left behind by WF-Sections, and re-uploaded my backup. However, whenever my site is accessed there is nothing but a blank white page. I cannot even access the admin menu.

I installed over XOOPS 2.0.10. I still have all the files from my backup.

If anyone could help as quickly as possible, it would be much appreciated as I have an exclusive article to post that is time-sensitive, and could lose me a lot of hits/user registrations.

~TCMTCM

Mithrandir
Re: Problem after replacing core files

m0nty
  • 2005/6/20 22:24

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

wf-sections doesn't change XOOPS core files :S

all you need to do is upload the wfsection folder to the modules folder :S

when u replaced the files, exactly what files did you replace?

TCMTCM
  • 2005/6/20 22:30

• TCMTCM

• Just popping in

All the files that are named the same in wf-sections and the XOOPS root folder got replaced.

~TCMTCM

TCMTCM
  • 2005/6/20 22:32

• TCMTCM

• Just popping in

I did the error reporting thing in include/common.php and got the following:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /www/r/revogamingne/htdocs/html/include/notification_select.php on line 44

~TCMTCM

m0nty
  • 2005/6/20 22:39

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

restore those files from your original XOOPS zip.. replace all except for mainfile.php (i should backup that file just in case)

TCMTCM
  • 2005/6/20 22:45

• TCMTCM

• Just popping in

If I restore from the original XOOPS zip, won't I lose all my stories and stuff for news? Won't my sections articles get deleted? And won't I need to reinstall?

TCMTCM
  • 2005/6/20 23:54

• TCMTCM

• Just popping in

I replaced the offending PHP file, and now the site displays articles etc. properly. However, I cannot login, being faced with a problem in header.php, which I tried replacing to no avail. I cannot lose the content of my site or the theme it uses, which I have edited from a base version.

~TCMTCM

jdseymour

Most all of the data for your site is in the database, and would be safe with just a file update. Your theme (as long as it is not the default theme that comes with XOOPS) will not be over written in the upload, just the files included in the XOOPS installation will be overwritten.

If you are uploading a full version make sure that you do not upload mainfile.php, otherwise it may be ove3r written and will have no settings. To be safe, backup mainfile.php to your computer before uploading files. Also, even though it will not be touched, a backup of the database will not hurt.

HTH.

TCMTCM
  • 2005/6/21 0:45

• TCMTCM

• Just popping in

After re-uploading everything, I get the following error when trying to access admin menu:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /www/r/revogamingne/htdocs/html/header.php on line 100

I also get this when trying to visit the site via revogaming.net/html rather than revogaming.net/html/modules/news

Can anyone help with this?

~TCMTCM

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits