bimmer
Unable to see admin options in Xoops Admin
  • 2005/6/18 4:54

• bimmer

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/30

I upgraded my system from RH9 to FC4 today, and in doing so upgraded php from 4.2.x to 5.0.4.

I also had to upgrade XOOPS from 2.0.7.3 to 2.0.9.2 then to 2.0.10.

Both times of upgrade, the menu in the Admin -> System Admin have shown nothing but a five smalle rectangles in the upper left hand corner of the menu.

When I have debug turned on, I get many xoops_versions.php errors on the bottom of the page in the empty white space.

How do I regain access to the System Admin menu?

Thanks
eric

jdseymour
Re: Unable to see admin options in Xoops Admin

Make sure that you have updated the system module in System Admin - Modules at each stage of the upgrade. If you use cloned/custom templates you will need to make sure to update any required templates in your cloned/custom set manually.

If both of the above have been done, see this Faq Page, OR This one, and This one.

Also you can view my XOOPS System Upgrade Flash Tutorial to see if there were any steps missed.

Another thing to check is your server settings, which could have been changed with the upgrade. I am not sure but have heard of problems with Fedora's default install.

HTH.

bimmer
Re: Unable to see admin options in Xoops Admin
  • 2005/6/19 20:04

• bimmer

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/30

Quote:

jdseymour wrote:
Also you can view my XOOPS System Upgrade Flash Tutorial to see if there were any steps missed.

Your guide reminded me that I forgot to do the Upgrade the System module. After I did that I could turn off the "broken" modules.

There are a few modules that aren't working, such as the gallery and forum. I'll have to find others to replace them.

Thanks for your guide!
eric

Login

Who's Online

246 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 246

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits