Axcess
Donations
  • 2005/6/17 15:54

• Axcess

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/3 4

I made a brave decision as an online news publisher is the US in selecting XOOPS for our engineers to use in rebuilding a new CMS system still not out of construction yet (AXcess News).

So I decided to show my gratitude and donate. Only here's the rub.. its paypal or nothing.

For two days I have tried to donate. Paypal sucks.. flat out! I do not trust them at ALL...

I cannot send you money. Their forms keep telling me my credit is already on file in another account and to use another one.

A publishing term for that is "bull shit"!

I cannot "use a credit card" as an alternative to paypal BECAUSE ITS STILL PAYPAL - AND WITHOUT AN ACTIVE PAYPAL ACCOUNT IT WON'T WORK.

Add 2checkout as an alternative to PayPal and I will donate. If you can't, go get a job delivering pizza because there's just too many of us out there who cannot use paypal, refuse to use them or were frustrated by multilple attempts to donate and just gave up.

Second, there is no place to contact you except via this forum. (at least I can't find it) There should be a link for that on the donate page if there were a problem encountered by the user.

I realize that your donating your time and efforts to an open source project and I really do appreciate that.

By the way, we have run into bugs with anchors in the module for articles. Using html view to install a text anchor and then switching back to page view to save it changes the link. We have not been able to fix that yet..

Mithrandir
Re: Donations

Quote:
Using html view to install a text anchor and then switching back to page view to save it changes the link

Which News version? Which editor?

I'm pointing Herko your way for possibly arranging alternate donation possibilities.

m0nty
  • 2005/6/17 16:55

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

i'm not sure about anchors either.. which news version are you using?

as i know for sure that anchors work in news 1.3 because the latest newsletter has anchor tags :)

the whole article was produced in an html editor (dreamweaver) and then the source copy/pasted to the news editor and then submitted..

also i used html compressor to compress the source to get rid of whitespace that sometimes happens when using pure html articles.

Axcess
  • 2005/6/17 17:01

• Axcess

• Just popping in

Thanks Mithrandir. I sent your post to Alexei in Russia who is building our new XOOPS stuff as he could answer your question regarding the editor and news version.

I still say you should add 2checkout as an alternative payment resource. I will donate the account setup fee for XOOPS if you will add that... I know they charge something for that, its not too much though. If that means XOOPS needs its own checking account, well, your forming that foundation, open an account..

Also, I saw in your news letter a mention about the next generation of XOOPS and if someone involved in that would chat at me as a news editor I could see my way to assign a reporter to write about it and give XOOPS a little media exposure.

Mithrandir

Quote:
If that means XOOPS needs its own checking account, well, your forming that foundation, open an account..

We have a checking account, so that is not the problem. I am not the financial guy, but assume that the reason for having PayPal solely is because

1) It has been sufficient so far
2) There exists a module to automatically assign a rank - and list - donators after completing a PayPal donation.

Quote:
Also, I saw in your news letter a mention about the next generation of XOOPS and if someone involved in that would chat at me as a news editor I could see my way to assign a reporter to write about it and give XOOPS a little media exposure.

Thanks for the offer. I'll see what I can arrange (Skalpa is the lead developer for XooSphere and really the only guy, who knows enough to talk about it, and very busy atm).

crtag
  • 2005/6/17 17:18

• crtag

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/17

We use WFSection module to build articles and hence use their WYSIWYG editor. So what happens when something like <a href="#XXX">XXX</a> - after saving the content it "fixes" the link to carry admin area link with #XXX on the end which is not desired behaviour.

Axcess
  • 2005/6/17 17:40

• Axcess

• Just popping in

Mithrandir, crtag is Alexei. Read his post to get answers to your question.

Herko
  • 2005/6/17 18:38

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Quote:

Axcess wrote:
I still say you should add 2checkout as an alternative payment resource. I will donate the account setup fee for XOOPS if you will add that... I know they charge something for that, its not too much though. If that means XOOPS needs its own checking account, well, your forming that foundation, open an account..

I have looked at the 2checkout site, and the focus of the system clearly is sales oriented. The services they provide all deal with that, and that is what the fees are for. The fee is $0.45/sale plus 5.5% of each transaction, the setup fees are $49 (one time only). All in all, I'm not convinced that adding this service to our site is that necessary.

As for your donation, we do have 2 bank accounts, one for euro's and one for US dollars. The information you'll need is:

Payable to: Stichting XOOPS, Deventer, The Netherlands

EUROS:
IBAN number NL25ABNA0431551170, BIC ABNANL2A
US DOLLARS:
IBAN number NL11ABNA0431703809, BIC ABNANL2A

Herko

Axcess
  • 2005/6/17 19:29

• Axcess

• Just popping in

Herko,

Thanks for info on the checking accounts, but the information is inadeduate for wiring funds.

The point about 2checkout being for sales is well taken, that and the costs per transaction. Logical reasons to not use it, but there must be some sort of alternative you could use. As you have two bank accounts, perhaps one would offer master card visa for direct deposit. Typically, these require minimal amounts (i.e. nothing under X dollars or Euros), but the minimal deposit could be a benefit for donation seekers if it required say, $50 USD minimum, which is typical of a bank by the way to do, as its enough to offset bank costs.

As to getting more detailed information to me about wire transfering funds, go to my "Axcess" account info here on the XOOPS site and there you will find my yahoo IM info. Or send me a message at editor775@charter.net as to how to contact you directly and we can arrange to get more detailed information in order to send you guys some Bush Bucks (while they're still worth a dollar)..

Herko
  • 2005/6/17 22:07

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

the information about the bank accounts should be sufficient. BIC is also the bank's SWIFT code. So you have the bank's international ID, as well as the International Bank Account Number (IBAN), that's all you need.

Herko

Login

Who's Online

184 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 184

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits