hervet
Re: Whats going on with XOOPS
  • 2005/5/20 20:29

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Sometimes, things need to be said clearly, Pred, please come back ! (or I kill my neighbour's dog )

Catzwolf
  • 2005/5/20 20:38

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Hear hear Predator!!

Mamba
  • 2005/5/20 21:21

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Hi Predator,

I appreciate very much yours and Mithrandir's comments. I feel that there is a very good opportunity right now to have a meaningful and rational discussion about ways to improve XOOPS internal processes and structure, so we can avoid (or at least minimize) emotional discussions in the future.

And I truly hope that we will NOT miss this opportunity!!!!

Prevention is so much easier

So let's continue with this discussion, let's raise issues that should be maybe raised earlier but never were, and let's try to get back on track of making XOOPS the best CMS on the market.

I would also ask all those developers who left to consider coming back, or at least to provide us with a CONSTRUCTIVE feedback on what could be done better.

Let's avoid slipping into personal attacks, but take examples from the best Open Source projects, learn from them, and implement the best practicies in XOOPS infrustructure.

phppp
  • 2005/5/20 22:20

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Quote:

_Predator wrote:

Also to those new guys, not only be telling your are in a bad mood ( some ) express your fellings and what`s wrong ( not be quiet because of your have new title ) don`t make the same mistake as i did and to be too long too gentle.

Regards Marko aka Predator

If the "_Predator" is the true "Marko aka Predator", if this paragraph refers to me, go on with my reply:

Marko, I was/am in a bad mood, I was/am quiet in some sense, BUT, it is so unbelievable, I was the first guy to speak out

I was/am really quiet? Yes, I was kind of quiet in front of people. However, I had done something behind:

1 At the beginning, right after I started this topic, Mithrandir had a chat with me on MSN and he was kind of mad that you left without a word. I told him there might be some problem with communication and I ASKED him or Herko to contact you so that I would go back to NewBB 2 project (with you, I wish)

2 During the discussions (not only this thread but also PR topic and somewhere else), I had been suggesting/implying to improve XOOPS management by establishing various teams for various purposes.

3 After I got a "new title", I did not stop suggesting (or complaining, if someone considers so), as an example, such a post was just posted in this thread yesterday. Meanwhile I have been working with Mithrandir on XOOPS 2.1/2.2 branch together with the two other guys with new title.

4 After I got a "new title", I did not stop wishing you back. During our chat last week, I told you "do not throw XOOPS away too far, perhaps you will be back some day". A few days ago when I anwsered some questions about CBB and NewBB2 asked by WOX Team, I said "CBB will keep the dirname 'newbb' and I wish Marko will come back once everything is settled down".

Sorry, I am in a bad mood again.
No matter what happens, I will stay with XOOPS. The reason? I explained once on April 1st, and I also talked some more reasons when I answered WOX questions.

At this moment, what XOOPS needs is not criticizing but constructive suggestions and work.

All best wishes to past/present/future XOOPSers.

D.J.

Predator
  • 2005/5/20 23:01

• Predator

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/20

Quote:

3 After I got a "new title", I did not stop suggesting (or complaining, if someone considers so), as an example, such a post was just posted in this thread yesterday. Meanwhile I have been working with Mithrandir on XOOPS 2.1/2.2 branch together with the two other guys with new title.

That`s good i was only worried, that there comes no changes, but as i read things move faster, that`s again good, take a meditation to get back your good mood DJ you deserves it.

Sometimes it is hard to keep your good mood or motivation.

Quote:

At this moment, what XOOPS needs is not criticizing but constructive suggestions and work.

As i wrote: XOOPS deserves to get back to the normal tasks

So i only make some points from my view clear and also thought that Jan deserves an response.

Regards Marko

P.S. Yes it`s me somebody was faster and regged Predator so i use _ instead

damaster
  • 2005/5/21 0:47

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

Quote:
hear, hear !

Quote:
Coreace wrote:
We focus on the negative because the postive aspect of your development is already there, visible for everyone to see and feel. We need to raise the negative issues to resolve what has gone wrong in the past. To ignore that, you also ignore future possible growth and development.

Of course, you need to look at the future. Wasn't my point nor to repeatedly mention the past but to give comments coming from outside the whole XOOPS environment. As a none developer but a business user I couldn't care less for the nightly CVS versions, although a great asset for the developer - never leave business/home users like us behind. They are/ will be part of your future growth.

" - never leave business/home users like us behind. They are/ will be part of your future growth."

Quote:

ilivanov wrote:
After wathin this and other threads here on official XOOPS forums, I cant understand why the current (forked) core developers, dont listen the community, where are the patches provided to XOOPS and why there are not implemented in the core?

Most of the XOOPS developers, which creates the best modules for X2, move out from XOOPS, what happend the Japanes founder of XOOPS ? This X2 is not the XOOPS, just another fork... It have to change the name to Mith's XOOPS or something

Quote:
They don’t have the wisdom to understand the user’s commentaries, they still don’t see the limits of their own skills managing the project. And someone has to push them to realize it, in the open source spirit with that great pluri-cultural and multi-ethnic community in mind.

That's all xoopsers wants to hear, man!

Quote:
phppp wrote:
Marko, I was/am in a bad mood, I was/am quiet in some sense, BUT, it is so unbelievable, I was the first guy to speak out

That was a sign of some disease affecting the community and the project development...

Quote:
If you call somebody several times and you get no answer you should worry about him, no!? Maybe he’s not sleeping… he might be dead!...

...make your own business but remember to still honest..
behind the screen you still fragile like life humain being!

I've posted “the call” into XOOPS French Forums many times because they are the owners of the majority of the most used modules developed out of the core. In this case, after a while, i got some reactions: "Instead of posting about the illness, give us the remedy!"

For example, this whole thing has gotten me very interested in Local-Support-Sites relations - I'm separating this issue from the coders attacks btw. I haven't gotten a good picture of things from the leaders communication - a few statements backed by little attempts to really explain it.

Somewhere in it is always the remark "It's very complicated...difficult to understand/explain" or something to that effect like an excuse for bad "journalism" (already recognize the same style under different nicks).

I go to the local support sites or elsewhere and get much more of an understanding. I just want information from as many sides as possible, not even so much to form an opinion on who's right and wrong or who's noble or not but to UNDERSTAND how and why things came to be as they are there.

I just want to know what's going on!
I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

damaster
  • 2005/5/21 0:55

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

POST TENEBRAS LUX

We need developers but unfortunately their disagreements affect the all XOOPS communities. They should not use their dev “power” to control and influence the way the project is going…

If they want the best for Xoops, and I’m sure is the case, they still have to be honest and fair. And this is available for all developers with their own branch…

They need to considerer themselves, like we do, as developers, not project managers, nor designers and these are why they should keep doing their job and leave the others doing theirs. Why not to stop posting so much and concentrate in a more active development?

Except if you believe that’s possible to make a carrier like, you know, the guy that joins as a cleaner and ends up as executive director of that multinational corp!?

We experienced that recently, on Mambo Thread, designers are as important as developers. Designers enable developers work to be sellable.

As my goodfriend Jason says when suggest and initiate XOOPS Theme Forge (stand by..) Designers enable developer's work to be sellable and that’s what we can call interdependency. When working together we get:

Synergy or synergism, most often refers to the phenomenon of two or more discrete influences or agents acting in common to create an effect which is greater than the sum of the effects each is able to create independently.

At least they both have one thing in common, they depend on users! And at last, they all, make the community.

I believe that the developers team will wisely accept to be guided on the same level as the others teams. This structure will be a benefit to the all Xoopsers and their projects.

I beg you (xoopsers and young leader team) to read carefully and think about the meaning of the following example:

damaster
  • 2005/5/21 1:31

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

ORPHEUS CHAMBER ORCHESTRA TO HOLD TEACHING CASE

Orpheus, the only chamber orchestra in the world that consistently rehearses, performs, and records without a conductor, has garnered attention from the corporate sector for its unique approaches to creativity, innovation, and self-management.

For example, Orpheus had showcased its innovative approach to leadership for a group of Haas MBA students at the International House auditorium. Morgan Stanley has sponsored the event at Haas. The firm also sponsored an Orpheus residency at Hitotsubashi University in Tokyo.

Central to the distinctive personality of Orpheus is its unusual process of sharing and rotating leadership roles.

The "Orpheus Process" is built on individual responsibility, shared leadership, and workplace democracy.

The process has enabled the orchestra to unleash the talent, vision, creativity, and leadership potential of each member of the group.

For every work, an elected committee of musicians selects a concertmaster and each instrumental section chooses a representative.

These chosen representatives (the "core group") are responsible for forming the initial concept of the piece and developing an overall interpretive approach to the music before the entire orchestra comes together to rehearse.

The core also structures the rehearsal process for the entire orchestra, which provides clear leadership while insuring that every member has a real stake in the artistic outcome of every piece performed by the orchestra.

The results of the process have produced 28 years of sustained excellence at the highest level of international accomplishment.

The main focus of the residency at Haas it was to demonstrate the Orpheus Process in action, as the orchestra rehearses the first movement of Haydn's Symphony No. 63 in C Major in "real time," showing by example their work process from core preparations to final product.

The applications of the Orpheus Process to the business world or the communities of open source projects, can be framed in the introduction of a Xoops Management thread and reinforced through a question-and-answer and a discussion period with the xoopsers and auto-proclaimed “Leaders”.

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=36319&start=0#forumpost157884

m0nty
  • 2005/5/21 1:48

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

errrr.. never mind :-|

damaster
  • 2005/5/21 2:18

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

@ monty

"Interest: Internet, Clubbing, Trance & Hard House Music."

As multimedia producer i manage a few DJs, clubs and events like
http://www.sonar.es
I'm also still working at geneva (Lab Art Media R&D)
where there will be the
http://www.lakeparade.ch/

You should find here some interest !

Cheers

P.S. Every where it's open there's a cash opportunity!

Login

Who's Online

180 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 180

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits