1
binolino
Beginner Questions *roll eye* (Images,Forum Group Permissions,German Translation)
  • 2005/4/27 10:05

  • binolino

  • Just popping in

  • Posts: 2

  • Since: 2004/12/8


Hello out there,

unfortunatelly I have some problems with XOOPS 2.0.10 (of cause I'm an Xoops-Noob too )!

1. In the Control Panel -> System -> Images: What's that? I thought that is a kind of gallery, but I can't view it on my homepage! Can you please discripe how I can use Images as a gallery for my homepage or can you advice a good, easy to use gallery module?

2. Under System -> Groups I made my own UserGroups and mapped some testusers to them. I added 2 new forums (one private, one public) and for both I wanted to add my own User Groups... while adding the new forums I can select the preinstalled groups, but not my own ! You now that will be a page for World of Warcraft and I don't want the Horde to see what the Alliance plans ! For private forums I saw User permissions, but it's kind of much work to add each and every user .

3. The last question *puh* Is there now german translation for this great peace of code? If not, I will do that ;)

Thanks for your patience

Binolino

2
Shine
Re: Beginner Questions *roll eye* (Images,Forum Group Permissions,German Translation)
  • 2005/4/27 11:40

  • Shine

  • Just can't stay away

  • Posts: 822

  • Since: 2002/7/22


Actually,..there is a great active German XOOPS Support website.
Take a look within the: Local Support. Here you'll find the url to them.

http://www.myxoops.org

Grtz., Shine

3
binolino
Re: Beginner Questions *roll eye* (Images,Forum Group Permissions,German Translation)
  • 2005/4/27 13:13

  • binolino

  • Just popping in

  • Posts: 2

  • Since: 2004/12/8


Thanks for this information, Shine. I will look for the german translation there!

But what about my other questions? Can't anybody help me?

Binolino

4
ackbarr
Re: Beginner Questions *roll eye* (Images,Forum Group Permissions,German Translation)

1. the Image Manager integrates in with the XOOPS Form editor. If you click on Resized Image you can browse the images in the manager. myAlbum-p is an image gallery that integrates itself into the image manager, allowing you to link directly to images that have been uploaded to the gallery module.

2. I would recommend checking out newbb2 or the newly released CBB. as both have much improved permissions abilities.

3. Shine already answered.

5
cecealias
Re: Beginner Questions *roll eye* (Images,Forum Group Permissions,German Translation)
  • 2005/4/27 18:39

  • cecealias

  • Just popping in

  • Posts: 1

  • Since: 2005/4/13


ahh... ok finally XOOPS is fixed. - you can ignore this post - i am trying to test post on these forums for weeks now and finally get one.

Who is the system admin?