arash101
News 1.2
  • 2005/4/20 17:22

• arash101

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/9 1

hello,
Does anyone know where I can get News Module 1.2?. I need a stable version of teh news module where everything is working?. I have version 1.3, but there are bugs in it. (The user can't post the extended text for the article in the "submit.php" form). you have to have module admin rights to do that.

Any help with this will be much appreciated. I am new to XOOPS so please help me..

Thanks.

ackbarr
Re: News 1.2

1. Have you reported this issue to the developer? Herve is normally very responsive in dealing with bug reports / feature requests. IMO this sounds more like a feature request than a bug report, as the original news module did not allow a user to post the extended text either.

2. Older releases for the news module can be found in the File Releases section of the News Module Project Site

arash101
  • 2005/4/20 19:43

• arash101

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/9 1

Thanks ackbarr,
I have not reported this to the author yet. I don't know his email address.. I wish XOOPS had this feature for a user to post news and edit news just like in phpnuke. I know it's probably no that difficult to add this feature. Do you have a contact for Harve, so I can see may be he can help me?.

Thank you.

ackbarr

my previous post included a link to the news project page, where you can send a feature request or a bug report to the project team. Probably better to tell him that way instead of emailing him directly.

hervet
  • 2005/4/23 6:28

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Hello,

It's not a bug, in the news module, the extended text is only available to the webmaster and to the approvers.

Bye,
Hervé

Login

Who's Online

218 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 218

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits