JohnnyCasil
News 1.3 Author problem
  • 2005/3/1 21:31

• JohnnyCasil

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/1 2

I have configured news1.3 to allow a custom usergroup to submit news, but no matter what I do or change, when someone in that group submits news, it always says by anonymous and will then not let them delete the news posts. I set it so that when they post it will use their username and they will be able to edit their posts, but I still get them showing up as anonymous. Any help would be greatly apperciated.

rowdie
Re: News 1.3 Author problem
  • 2005/3/2 17:29

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

Try posting on the News module development forums. Then you know that the developer will see your post, and since News 1.3 is a release candidate I'm sure he will appreciate your feedback.

hervet
  • 2005/3/2 18:49

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Hi,

What's your version of XOOPS ?

Bye,
Herve

tedsmith
  • 2005/3/22 11:47

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

I'm having the exact same problem here. I'm using the offical News 1.3 release (not a RC or anything) and XOOPS 2.0.9.2. I've set all the permissions in the permissions area of the module.

I've noticed that if I (as webmaster) post it reports my username, but if my registered users post (who have all been given the permissions to do so) they get 'anonymous' as being the poster. When I log in as a registered user I notice that they are not getting the drop down 'Author' tab that I get as the webmaster.

I have also posted this on the development site as suggested above but would appreciated help hugely!

jorge
  • 2005/3/22 22:00

• jorge

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/17

Hello!

First of all thanks for this new version of news module. I really appreciate the inclusion of fpdf class.

I have the same problem too, and also I think there is too many options for users while they post an article (in the form to send an article): Display Topic Image?, Publish in home, Author, and also in the options menu appears "Aprove" option.

Sorry for my english .

Thanks a lot

Jorge

--> This is been caused because I had the cache for news ON.
Sorry

jorge
News 1.3 Problems with cache
  • 2005/3/23 22:35

• jorge

• Just popping in

Hello another time,

I think there is a bug related to cache and posting news:

First -> Activate cache for news
Second -> Try to post an article as administrator.
Third -> Try to post an article as normal user (only privileges to post) --> You will be prompted an incorrect form.

This is a small problem, only happens with cache on.

Thanks a lot for the developement of this great module .

Jorge.

irocc
  • 2005/3/23 23:11

• irocc

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/4 1

Quote:

JohnnyCasil wrote:
I have configured news1.3 to allow a custom usergroup to submit news, but no matter what I do or change, when someone in that group submits news, it always says by anonymous and will then not let them delete the news posts. I set it so that when they post it will use their username and they will be able to edit their posts, but I still get them showing up as anonymous. Any help would be greatly apperciated.

A solution to this problem is posted by angaran in the topic "Re: Definitive version of the News module" somewhere HERE

tedsmith
  • 2005/4/4 12:45

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

I have read the post mentioned all the way through, and the posting you are referring to is, I think, the one dated Posted: 2005/3/18 0:28 Updated: 2005/3/18 0:28 by Angaran where he basically states that line 214 of submit.php should have the || changed to &&.

I've made that change and updated the module in Sys Admin but the problem still persists. There's also no caching (I've disbaled it) for the module or any of the blocks for it.

In my case, the author is vital because it helps us keep track of who has taken ownership of what issues.

So, is there a known fix in addition to that described above? Is there something else I'm supposed to do? Is their an upgrade patch?

jorge
  • 2005/4/4 14:51

• jorge

• Just popping in

Hello tedsmith,

I haven't done any change to the module and all runs ok on my site (but keeeping the cache for the module off).

portalcalidad.com

Try to update the module first.
Then enter as a normal user and try to publish an article.

I think if you do that you will have the problem under control while waiting for the patch.

Best regards,
Jorge

tedsmith
  • 2005/4/4 16:06

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

I've tried all that already dude - the only way I can change the author details is if I then adjust the news article itself in the module admin. If a standard user makes a post it always shows up as anonymous.

Login

Who's Online

232 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 232

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits