carnuke
Re: Auth Module for wrapping HTML, PHP, CGI web site
  • 2005/1/19 18:17

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

I have now successfully wrapped a whole website within XOOPS using the Auth module. Some observations.

1- I used plain html pages, so URLs to all pages are SE friendly because there are no query strings.

2- I was able to leave all my internal page links relative, but I had to make my image links into full path URLs.

3- Javascript now works, although there is some conflict with XOOPS JS and style sheets.

4- The use of a menu module like imenu or multi-menu enhances the Auth module considerably. This is because pages can be linked to in XOOPS side panels making a more integrated look.

5- Using a XOOPS menu like this also allows permissions to be given to pages on a group basis as well as the Auth module's own 'deny' function.

6- Overall, this has been a successful experiment, although my 40 page website was fairly simple.

7- A good 'find and replace' utility makes the conversion process much easier and efficient.

8- Using the Auth search would add an extra enhancement.

9- If the Auth module could add the XOOPS comments feature and link its search module into the XOOPS results, this would make a great addition.

10- This is a really exciting development for perspective users, who already have a large site. They can convert and wrap quickly, while slowly transfering material into XOOPS behind the scenes. Then remove the Auth wrapper and reveal a fully intergrated XOOPS site within conventional modules.

noisia
Re: Auth Module with Search, Mutiple installation
  • 2005/1/21 23:23

• noisia

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/8/24

Multiple Auth installations
The Auth module can easily be installed with multiple instances, by chaning the "auth" folder name to anything you want. After that you will need to change the name in the "xoops_version.php" as well.

Multiple Auth with Search
When you are using Auth with search functionality, a few more modifications will need to be done.

In the "AuthFolder/search.php"
In Line 6 the Auth search function is declared

function auth_search $queryarray $andor $limit $offset $userid )

Multiple instances of these will yield an error, so you need to change it to another name, e.g.
function auth2_search $queryarray $andor $limit $offset $userid )

This search function is called in the "xoops_version.php" line 30, so it needs to be changed accordingly
$modversion['search']['func'] = "auth2_search";

With these modifications, the auth module can be installed with multiple instances.

chess4us
  • 2005/2/6 19:16

• chess4us

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/26

Have we got a completed english setup file for this module, I would like to test it if possible.

Thanks

chess4us
  • 2005/2/6 19:17

• chess4us

• Just popping in

Have we got a completed english setup file for this module, I would like to test it if possible.

Thanks

noisia
  • 2005/2/7 0:44

• noisia

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/8/24

Hi Chess4us,

There is currently no complete English version of the module, however, if you follow the instructions in the top of this forum string, you should be able to get it up and working.

Just look for the lines that need to be changed in the code and ignore all the Japanese gibberish in the code.

Good Luck

chess4us
  • 2005/2/7 5:52

• chess4us

• Just popping in

Alright, thanks for the reply and information.

luftikus143

Seems to be that I am really slow in understanding.... But I don't succeed in getting this script running, even though I read the document a couple of times. Indeed, it shouldn't be so difficult.

I have put my files in the "sample" folder. I changed the configure.php in line 55 so it says:

$auth_user = array (
"/default" => "../sample/map.php" );

But then this page isn't included, but just loaded. So no more header, footer and menu as usual.

Can somebody help me out here?

Thanks a lot for any advice.

xebra
  • 2005/3/16 20:59

• xebra

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/31

this sounds like is has great promise.

I can't get it to work, however.

If I am not logged in, I get the "Sorry you don't have permission to access this area" message, which I assume is a good thing.

However, when I am logged in and click the menu choice for Auth, I get the "Selected Module does not exist!" message.

I've done the faq thing, uninstalled it, deleted the folder, re-uploaded the folder, and reinstalled to no avail. Read the "read me" translation here, and there doesn't seem to be anything to do since I'm not adding any other folders.

Not quite sure what this means in the readme translation:

"The root folder for the files can be placed in:
XOOPS/module/auth/index.php/index.html"

Anyone else encountered this, and more importantly fixed it?

Thanks

artigas
  • 2005/3/16 21:35

• artigas

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/12/21

Greetings -

I have sort of gotten this to work by replacing the "index.html" in ..\modules\auth\sample\index.html with my own that then links to other web pages.

However, the other pages have Javascript menu that does not work at all. This kind of goes with the warning about conflicts with the XOOPS JS.

If anyone has got a bit more information about the requirements of XOOPS JavaScript and/or can point me to some docs about it, I would appreciate it.

Thanks In Advance.

xebra
  • 2005/3/17 0:21

• xebra

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/31

Well, I figured out the problem for me. I've got Apache 1.3.31

Although the readme says this works for people NOT usint Apache 1.3, the fix actually worked for me. Maybe it was a translation thing. Anyway, so far, so good.

===========================================
From Readme translation:

Delimiter
Usually you do not have to change this parameter。By default it is: index.php/

For users other than: Apache 1.3
If the “PATH_INFO” can not be acquired automatically
change it to "?", then “index.php?” will become the filename.

Login

Who's Online

236 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 236

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits