hyperpod
Re: Music Module...
  • 2005/2/27 2:59

• hyperpod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/4

birdseed:

very cool... love the whole homerecording scene.. fun stuff..

Your idea is very interesting, now if only i knew German :)

Keep checking this thread.. soon there will be a module for use.

Cheers,

hyperpod
Re: Jamroom-like Module for Music Artists to make profiles and music uploads
  • 2005/2/27 3:01

• hyperpod

• Quite a regular

m0nty: thx for the reinforcement!

Happy Birthday!

the big Three O

Hope its alot of fun :)

Cheers,

_Dan

hyperpod
Re: Music Module...
  • 2005/3/1 16:34

• hyperpod

• Quite a regular

Development is rolling along with this project!

I have completed most of the main artist profile editing features and things are going great!

Here is what is done so far:

-Users can view artist profiles from the names list.
-Admin can enable users to directly add a new profile, with auto-approve enabled, or not.
-Admin can also set the "Add new profile" link to integrate with a form to answer specific questions which might get included in their profile page.
This can be integrated with ANY forms generator module, I chose to use Liase becasue it had all the features I was looking for like requiring certain entires to be answered and making a thank you link, which works great with TinyContent.
Other form generators this module will work with are here:
https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=372 (thx carnuke)

-Admin can allow users to edit the profile(s) they own.
-Admins can edit any profile
-Users can edit their own profile
-Profiles can include Artist name, URL, location, members (if a group), photo, Unlimited description with basic HTML formatting tags allowed.
-Admin can set if users can make updates to their profile OR link them to a page to make change requests.
-Comments can be enabled or diabled for the profiles.
-Module works perfectly with any group permission settings, like allowing other admins to manage profiles without giving them full admin access.
-Admins can disble or enable any profile at anytime
-User can set if their profile is viewable or not.
-Admins can assign a profile to be OWNED by any user ID, to allow that user to maintain their own prifle page.

------------------

I have met both milestones as set previously in this thread and will soon start on the feature that allows Track management and MP3 streaming listening capabilities.
These tracks will also have comments system available for users to add comments to any track, not just the profile page.

I will also add the ability for users to upload their own profile image,photo and also upload mp3 tracks.

Im keeping in mind all features in this thread and am making steady progess towards this module's goals.

Still looking for translators, for when the module is released.. already have German and Japansese covered. Need the rest.

A demo of the module can be seen athttp://www.hyperpod.net/modules/profiles

Anonymous can view the existing profiles, but the module requires user registration to add/edit profiles, which is where all the new features can be found.

I anticipate making a release soon, but not all track features will be part of it until i get those done. I plan on the actual music tracks part to be added this upcoming week.

I hope someone finds this interesting :)

Best Regards,

djsckizo
  • 2005/3/1 20:04

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

Thanks for messaging me at Sidebreak about this. I was in the process of redoing the site that I wanted this for and since it wasn't around yet, I was going to do the site without xoops....but now, I'm going right back once this is ready to go. You are my new hero.

metin
  • 2005/3/2 5:43

• metin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/21

hyperpod

nice to see your last posting.

Could there be an option for adding only url´s for an track ?

And is it possible to add the ratings of an group / artist ( all ratings of the tracks ) ro get an summary rating of the group ?

So it could be possible to make a block with top ten artists.

Could there be another rating / review option only for an special group of selected users and both ratings could be done together to get a realistic rating ( user 50 % and special group 50 % ).

m0nty
  • 2005/3/2 6:29

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

@metin, i think those have already been mentioned earlier in this thread (i know it's a long thread lol).. as hyperpod says he's working on including all the ideas mentioned i think that will be included eventually..

@hyperpod, i joined your site earlier and i must say it's looking good.. the liase module is a really good tool for doing the profile questions etc.. :)

ps.. my 30th went very well apparently.. altho i don't remember too much, but i keep getting reminded of things and flashbacks.. hahaha apparently i drank a pint of absinthe but i don't remember that part..

hyperpod
  • 2005/3/2 8:52

• hyperpod

• Quite a regular

Quote:
I was in the process of redoing the site that I wanted this for and since it wasn't around yet, I was going to do the site without xoops...

@djsckizo: without xoops? are you crazy? ;)

@metin:
Quote:

Could there be an option for adding only url´s for an track ?

Most definately... link by Internal OR external URL, also with option to upload the track locally to the site.

Quote:
And is it possible to add the ratings of an group / artist ( all ratings of the tracks ) ro get an summary rating of the group ?

There is no rating system yet, but it def makes sense. I was planning to add ratings. right now it has XOOPS comments, which of course do not collect a number and deliver an avg.
SO, ratings for tracks I think at least, and ratings for artists seems logical as well.

Quote:
Could there be another rating / review option only for an special group of selected users and both ratings could be done together to get a realistic rating ( user 50 % and special group 50 % ).

This might be possible after more definition. first tell me how to setup special groups?

------------------

I have to say:
Keep in mind, im not gunna add everything (unless I find it logical) and the more thats thrown at me, i guarantee it will put off release or get ignored. I hate te mention that, but we just cannot keep feature creeping this and piling up the features forever. Some features in this thread will be implemented after many releases. Im trying to balance doing a good clean non-complicated module with fulfilling the requests.

I definately honor all the original posters in this thread.

---------------------

So far this module im working on has produced a XOOPS profiles system, and will soon fork off a jukebox module.
meanwhile, Im still forging ahead with the Artists Profile module. Its kinda nice too, cuz I feel its going great.. you would have to check the full demo and see the admin facilities to know what im talking about. For this reason, I plan to release a preview of the module soon. as soon as i can get CVS access.

------------

phew so much to say.

Best Regards,

script_fu
Artists

Im away for a lil while and to my surprize look what happens. "Absolute Magic!" Hyperpod You rock!

djsckizo
  • 2005/3/7 14:51

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

Happy Birthday Monty!

Hey hyperpod, can users actually upload a photo or is it just offsite linking? It would be nice to allow them to upload a specific file size photo, and also have it resized to what ever specs the admin has setup via the admin control panel. That, and maybe the possibility for short urls? Like, instead using:

http://www.hyperpod.net/modules/profiles/index.php?op=view&pid=4

using:

http://www.hyperpod.net/modules/profiles/artistname

The ony easy way I know of to do this would require a mod rewrite in an htaccess file to do it. This might make things a bit easier to remember for the users...simpler if we could figure a way to do it as:

http://www.hyperpod.net/profiles/artistname

Just a thought. :)

With what you've done so far, I'm starting to run out of ideas

hyperpod
  • 2005/3/7 21:39

• hyperpod

• Quite a regular

Quote:

Hey hyperpod, can users actually upload a photo or is it just offsite linking?

Update Profile Image by user (external or uploaded locally)

Quote:

The ony easy way I know of to do this would require a mod rewrite in an htaccess file to do it. This might make things a bit easier to remember for the users...simpler if we could figure a way to do it as:

This will have to be done by the webmaster using the module as I dont have mod_rewrite access on my server.

I love writing regular expressions. This module prolly wont include them, or it might be done later.

-----------------------
The Flash MP3 Player is working.. check the demo to see it in action.

I will be adding the uploaders.... the image uploader will be easy as most images are small.

The audio uploader will depend on each webmaster's server settings, and whether or not your server allows huge file uploads, since even mp3 files can range from 5-10+ megabytes.

Best Regards,

Login

Who's Online

207 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 207

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits