blugemstone
Re: What is the difference between Xoops and Php nuke?

Quote:

dillywilly7 wrote:
It would be much better if you could get the raelly cool themes on XOOPS like on php-nuke on the php nuke the themes are 10 x BETTER!!!! like at this site http://nukemods.com

The only way phpnuke has got really good templates is because the users have submitted them!

dillywilly7

Then why dont some XOOPS guys get more creative and make better themes get some of them ported if its possible that would be great!

bradleyscott

I would like to see what these so called "really cool" themes are. I have not seen any great themes for any opensource CMS that is available for the public to use. I have seen a lot of creative things done on websites that someone (company or creative individual) have done very well, but they are not for download, they are personal use only.

I think almost every free theme out there for all of the communities are typically not very appealing. There are some clean ones, there are some that have some bite to them, but they typically fall short.

Of course I am always willing to be proven wrong. So if others know of any great looking themes, I would like to see them. I typically develop things for my own personal needs, so I could be missing a great deal of free themes out there.

dillywilly7

Well we need to get some of the theme designers from php nuke!

Staren
  • 2005/2/25 7:25

• Staren

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/21

The big diffrence between XOOPS and php-nuke? The later is huge. Both in download and in use. I also found it really cluncky and hard to admin. Great for huge sites, but there is a lot of extras you don't need getting in the way. I love how modular XOOPS is.

Anni5166
  • 2005/4/20 8:47

• Anni5166

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/30

Quote:

dillywilly7 wrote:
It would be much better if you could get the raelly cool themes on XOOPS like on php-nuke on the php nuke the themes are 10 x BETTER!!!! like at this site http://nukemods.com

As far as themes go for xoops, why not try making your own. Its not that hard. You just clone a theme you like and change the images and some of the stylesheet elements. (Look at my site aussianni.com It took me less than a day to modify the sea_surface theme to what you see and I am by no means a programmer or coder I have no qualifactions in any sort of IT)A lot of the nuke themes are available for XOOPS and also have you looked very hard as there are hundreds of great themes out there. Try reumert.biz........they have a test site with 170 themes in the theme changer as welll as dozens of modules installed just so peeps can go and try them out before they install them. Petitoops is anouther of my favourite for looking at themes but there is also Weblooms, Incama, Imago Bassman dezina the list goes on. Try googling.

And to admin, sorry if this is the wrong thread for this post.

davidtillyer

Nuke maybe the big Boom, but XOOPS I have found to be very flexable and easy to use for a none techy.

But more then anything it's the support that i have received from ALL of the XOOPS support team and other members, It's FIRST CLASS.

DT

Login

Who's Online

174 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 174

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits