script_fu
Re: Jamroom-like Module for Music Artists to make profiles and music uploads

More projects to consider

http://www.turnstyle.com/
http://www.pancake.org/zina/index.html
http://mamboforge.net/projects/artistdirectory/

I have searched hi and low and still have been unable to find a directory for venues, dj's, kj's, bands & tickets that will sort by date, state, city, zip code ect. ect.

All the sound stuff is out there downloads and streaming but nothing that can sort with an event calendar type style.

m0nty
  • 2005/2/14 19:35

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

£500 in US $ is abt 1000 (i think it's $1.8 to every £1)

that's a fair price for what is wanted in this module in fact it's probably a damn good price..

i'll gladly donate the odd £10 here and there, at the moment i can't this month as i'm already in the red after my phone bill.. i can't even afford my server anymore at the mo which is y my site is offline.. things are tight & until i get a new job they'll get tighter..

so next month i could donate £10 towards development.. not much i know but if i tell you at the moment i'm living on £40 per week after paying rent adjustments and deductions.. and out of that i have to buy food and stuff.. so to me it's a lot.. after college finishes & i start work again i'll donate more and i'll continue to donate to make improvements after completion..

script_fu

More food for thought

http://www.netjuke.org/
http://developer.netjuke.org/

-----------------------------------------------

To my surprize I found this module

http://sourceforge.net/projects/zina/

-----------------------------------------------

http://www.xe.com/ucc/
Live mid-market rates as of 2005.02.14 20:21:38 GMT.
500.00 EUR Euro = 648.105 USD United States Dollars
1 EUR = 1.29621 USD 1 USD = 0.771480 EUR

$648.10 US is this correct?

m0nty
  • 2005/2/14 20:09

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

nope.. scott said £500 which is UK pound, in uk euro $ is not legal tender as we are not in the IEE

i think the current exchange rate is 1 uk pound = 1.8 us $ or there abouts.. so £1000 = $1800

hyperpod
  • 2005/2/14 21:19

• hyperpod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/4

I would really like to work on this module.

I know php and XOOPS module development.

I talked about this module with the other people here last September, and the planning has gone really really well!

There seems to be a need and I want to help make it happen.

Since the last 6 months, I have been going through some hard times with my business and lost our house, now those pesky apartment people seem to want rent moeny...

Its hard everywhere right now i heard.

Lunkily, a friend of mine is helping me out and BONUS, he has an internet connection!

I can start in 2 weeks!!!

I have some modules already similar, which i wrote and I can start eith some code I already have.

I wish we could start a pool and maybe get a few mod devs on this. And I could also take it on if need be!

then when a certain milestone is reached, the programmers who have the time can sustain to be able to develop!

I would aslo be able to fix bugs and upgrade features as needed.

Also, I love music apps, which is why ive participated in this thread!

So lets get it rolling and maybe we can get a project manager on this too!

Im here to offer PHP, SQL, XOOPS integration and the like.

Any ideas?

Best Regards,

dlh
  • 2005/2/14 22:18

• dlh

• Since: 2002/2/20

I'll throw some bones ($$) into this project too if we can decide on a functionality list.

I need:

1) Registered users to be able to set up a small page with descriptions and/links to their website.
2) Ability to upload tunes and stream them.
3) "Radio station" block with some selectable parameters.
4) Ability to stream video would be cool too.

Dan

m0nty
  • 2005/2/14 22:54

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

ok so we have:

1) Registered users to be able to set up a small page with descriptions and/links to their website.
2) Ability to upload tunes and stream them.
3) "Radio station" block with some selectable parameters.
4) Ability to stream video would be cool too.

i also need: (each user to have their own page (group permissions to allow whether a user group can actually create a page for themselves)

1. the ability for DJ's/Artists to input a kind of blog on their homepage, something like a diary.

2. upload their own track samples and a click to download & a click to listen to sample.

3. a Bio section (so they can create their own DJ Profile) this can maybe be implemented so that they can create their own field/column names or maybe admin to create a customizable questionnaire. including image/photo

4. a notepad feature where the user can write private notes..

5. comments system so members can write comments to the dj/artist..

should be searchable, especially on the diary part so could search by date etc and find out where the dj is on that date.. same with venues.. which is where the Event manager comes in.. altho i think could be done as a seperate module for events, but to be linked with this DJ/artist module..

http://www.harderfaster.net is similar to what i was looking for regarding dj profiles, but better than there's..

Events section, so Club/Event promoters can post their events and write descriptions.. some choose to type their events in and some produce e-flyers so would need to cater for both.. this event section must be searchable by venue, date, time and DJ/Artist.. also some events are recurring every week but have different DJ's at each event each week, so the promoter must be able to edit their submission..

there's a lot of functions discussed in this thread.. and i think it might best be suited to not calling it a dj/artist module but rather a more focused module as it's getting interest, can we just turn this into 1 nice big Artist/Record company and club management system and combine the whole lot with dj profiles etc, and the events side of things..

must be templatable aswell to make easy customization.

i think it must be linked to the users profile page tho so that members can just search for the user and then find their profile.. maybe adding a smarty tag to the existing profile page which when clicked takes the user to their dj profile page.. i can see it in my head but i'm struggling to put into words :S..

harderfaster.net is similar if u take a look at their profiles pages and events listings guide..

dlh
  • 2005/2/15 0:06

• dlh

I agree with mOnty's additions.

I think the "band" or "dj" calendar is awesome so you can see when they are performing, etc.

It might be cool to be able to program a track list. So that certain music can be featured times - but that can be added later.

I would like to see it customizable enough that it would work for DJs or Bands or even for one band to stream their own stuff on XOOPS (depending on what you allow access to -like just the radio block or single band page etc.).

This module will freaking rock...it could be the XOOPS killer app.

One more key feature:

1) Ability of users to sign up for notifications for band updates so that they can build up their own protected lists of fans.

Dan

m0nty
  • 2005/2/15 0:30

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

yup thinking more into it.. the harderfaster site is a really good example.. except they don't do the sample uploads and streaming which is what is wanted in this module too, it would make a great addition..

if we can do each profile page into sections and possibly allow admin to customise each section by creating their own forms for each..

so we could set a BIO section, and admin could create the questionnaire.. kinda like the liase/formulaire modules work..

so we have:

name <text form>
age <text form>
etc etc..
photo <image upload form>

production section >

track releases
uploaded samples with click to listen/download

Diary

date
venue
time
booking info etc..

and extras, the most features that are required are listed on the 1st few pages :)

i also think with what's mentioned in this thread, it could be 1 of the best modules made for XOOPS and if customizable form fields could be done it would have many possibilities for other users..

altho i'm thinking more now of a full blown artist/events management system.. this will ROCK when it's done.

now to raise the interest and try and get some donations to get it started.. I think i could just about cope at the moment with setting a direct debit or something to pay £10 monthly, and once i start work again I will increase that amount, i'd love to donate more but unfortunately i'm tied at the moment.. on that note i oughta really donate to XOOPS project too..

dlh
  • 2005/2/15 0:41

• dlh

Let's come up with a fixed proposal and feature list. And then we'll shop it on the community.

I can throw in say $100 or so. It'd be huge.

I bet we could come up with $1000 to have it developed.

Dan

Login

Who's Online

146 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 146

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits