studioC
my nicest xoops theme
  • 2005/2/11 1:08

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/7

til now ... What do you think? I put some more images wheighted than usual within this theme. After some times running i put my http://ferienland-deutschland.de on a different Server ant it get's a new clothing based on that last theme what i have released and which is running on http://foglio.de

tell me your opinion ..

michael

JasonMR
Re: my nicest xoops theme
  • 2005/2/11 1:41

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

You should be in bed is what I think

Serriously...I'm not sure the creative use of capital letters is appropriate for this kind of site, as you will most likely attract a rather conservative and older generation crowd (but I'm speculating here).

I like the idea of having a pegoda like set of colour boxes, but I would tone down the green, as it is to "alarming". My first impression was "does this do anything" (carefully moving the cursour around to see if anything happens). While this might not be the case with your target group, the intensity of the green distracts too much...IMO

Also, is there a German term for "Access Keys"? I'm for sure no language nazi, and never gave a ...... cent about the whole anglification of German language debate, but again, how will your target group feel? (homepage, well let's not turn into the nazi mentioned above ).

Also, the explanation of access keys should be boxed, and have a lighter background, or some other form of visual cue, that this is an Information Box!

Then that "peoples icon" to the top left, just under the top image, whats that about? Looks like something to click, but doesn't do anything (nono in UI design! -> add to list).

I love the footer, has something of a "holiday snap collection", but those "Maennekens" again????? (Waehren Strandkoerbe nicht angebrachter?).

Great theme never the less. Clean and slick as ever! Well done! (-> next task, prepare different colour style sheets maybe you could use the pegoda as a theme colour switcher )

Regards
JasonM

PS: one last impression, for a holiday site, I would use a couple of images to suggest what the articles are about (landscape as used in the theme)

brash
  • 2005/2/11 2:14

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Inspiration as always Michael ! I am of similar opion to Jason on this though. I found the navigation menu fealt a little unfinished or messy, and the bright green bits at the very top a little distracting. Still MUCH better than anything I could produce in a hundred years . Very clean, very quick, very much a benchmark that I can hopefully aspire to someday .

studioC
  • 2005/2/11 8:12

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

JasonMR wrote:
You should be in bed is what I think

yes, you are right. I should have been in bed ...

Quote:

JasonMR wrote:
as you will most likely attract a rather conservative and older generation crowd ...

yes, this is the target group i want to reach ... don't forget that i'm one if this crowd

Quote:

JasonMR wrote:
Also, is there a German term for "Access Keys"?

i put this on my todo list.

Quote:

JasonMR wrote:
Then that "peoples icon" to the top left, just under the top image, whats that about?

got me, ... there should be link .. it's also on the todo list

Quote:

JasonMR wrote:
... the intensity of the green distracts too much...IMO
will think about it ...

still learning ... to try thinking how a user and visitor will behave on my side. This theme too is not only aimed to those peolple who look with eyes like we do. The source should be clean, easy readyble and speaking for himself, ...but it's still a long way to go there ...

thank you both (jason and dominique) for your eyes and comments ...

michael

Mithrandir

http://ferienland-deutschland.de/ has a nice theme - I don't like the bright green colours on the other site.

I generally agree with the opinion about accesskeys - they are generally underused, I find, but they don't have to be highlighted in a way so that they hide the actual navigation entry

studioC
  • 2005/2/11 12:49

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

thanks for comments,
always helpful.

michael

sbkiller
  • 2005/3/5 21:51

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/9 2

Your site width is too huge for low resolution monitor, you better make it auto-width.

bwirum
  • 2005/3/9 9:56

• bwirum

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/16

I think the site width is fine. In 800 width you get the main site, all you need to scroll sideways for is the google ads.

It's a good way to deal with low res monitors if you have a google adbar on the side.

I can't see your foglio.de site now, due to maintenance, so I can't comment on your new theme, Michael.

Login

Who's Online

151 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 151

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits