sgentzen
"Sorry, you do not have the permission to access this area...."
  • 2002/6/6 17:08

• sgentzen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/4/10

When I install a module, I have no problems when I'm logged in as me (the first webmaster). If I try to go in as anonymous or as logged in as any other person (even one that has webmaster access) they get the permissions error.

I followed the instructions, chmod'ing the cache directory and its contents the same way I have the other modules.

Anyone have any ideas?

kain
Re: "Sorry, you do not have the permission to access this area...."
  • 2002/6/6 17:18

• kain

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/1/9 9

read past posts, go to admin sections -> groups -> and set permissions for your anonymous group (and registered users)

dscg
Re: Browser cache causing many problems?
  • 2002/6/14 7:06

• dscg

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/6/7 8

I don't know if your problem has been solved, but I've also had many problems with that damn "Sorry..." message.

What I've found during my testing of XOOPS is that the browser is caching the "Sorry..." redirect page and I have to force the browser to refresh the page to make things work right.

For example, consider this scenario...
1. I set anonymous user permissions to the contacts module to off.
2. I logout and try to access the contacts module and get the old "Sorry, you don't have permissions..." message. Good so far.
3. Now I log back in and change the anonymous user permissions to the contacts module to on.
4. I logout and try to access the contacts module and still I get the "Sorry..." message. Not so good anymore.
5. Now, if I try to access the contacts module again, and I immediately press the browser refresh button before the browser can redirect me, I can get to the conacts module.

I think this browser caching issue is causing a lot of the problems that people are attributing to cookies. Also caching may be the cause of problems where it "appears" that updated settings are not taking effect.

Possible solutions to this may be to add a line to the page headers to prevent caching. Either...

<meta-http-equiv="Expires" content="Thursday, 10-Jan-69 00:00:00 GMT">

or <META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="-1">

or <meta http-equiv="Pragma" content="no_cache">

or <META HTTP-EQUIV="Cache-Control" CONTENT="no cache">

sunsnapper

That makes me wonder if an "Expire" meta tag would help solve this problem. In other words if we put this code in the <HEAD> of the "Sorry..." redirect page:
<meta-http-equiv="Expires" content="Thursday, 10-Jan-69 00:00:00 GMT">
or
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="-1">

This and other cache possibilities described at this link: The Open Web Application Security Project

(I should have read Steve's entire post... he just said that. Oh well).

<small>[ Edited by sunsnapper on 2002/6/13 23:46:02 ]</small>

dscg
  • 2002/7/21 6:13

• dscg

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/6/7 8

I found the no-cache HTTP header commands for the browser not to cache pages in the header.php file in the XOOPS main directory. So browsers should not cache any XOOPS page that include the root header.php file.

However, there are instances where you may call the redirect_header() function BEFORE including the header.php file in the root directory. This commonly occurs when you check if the user is logged in at the start of your module code like this Quote:
if ( !$xoopsUser ) {redirect_header(...)}

include $xoopsConfig['xoops_url']."/header.php";
... continue with the module code...

The problem is that the redirect_header() function does not have the HTTP no-cache commands. Therefore, the browser caches the redirect page. This has caused me many problems with users not being able to access pages even when they have permission to do so.

My suggestion would be to include the PHP header() function with the no-cache and expire commands in the redirect_header() function as well.

Otherwise, you will need to go through all the files to makes sure that $xoopsConfig['$xoops_url']."/header.php" appear before your redirect_header() call to avoid browser cache problems.

Frankenstein

you can set the permission again by steps :
go to phpadmin
open your sql
go to xoops_modules
set the valua of isactive to 0 then go to the main site and login again

David_Topping

I really hope XOOPS fixes this in the near future.

perze
  • 2002/9/20 14:44

• perze

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/20

This happened to me last night ... what i did to fix it was edit the user grouping access rights and have the *culprit* module's block access rights checked.

hope this helps.

densma
  • 2002/9/20 18:52

• densma

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/2 1

"Sorry, you do not have the permission to access this area...."
how can i edit this text? which php file. i want to add "register first"
i think som visitor don't know that requires registration only with that msg

basskitten
  • 2002/10/3 18:57

• basskitten

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/22

I've been getting this error message when annonymous users try to access the forum. I've tried re-setting the chmod's and going into phpMyAdmin............. but, i'm relatively new at all of this, and nothing seems to be working...

help?

Login

Who's Online

203 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 203

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits