rocket98
google crawl
  • 2004/11/6 22:02

• rocket98

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/2 2

Saturday,

I did not notice this before. Today as I was looking into my Google Adsense account I noticed this... actually never read that far before :)
---------------------
To maximize your potential with AdSense, it is important that your site content is accessible to our content crawler. Certain mechanisms on your site may limit the amount of content we can crawl and use to generate ads:

Robots

If you have a robots.txt file, remove the file or add the following two lines to the top of the file:

User-agent: Mediapartners-Google*
Disallow:

This change will allow our bot to crawl the content of your site, so that we may provide you with the most relevant Google ads.
 ---------------------

Regards
rocket98

Jackwan
Re: google crawl
  • 2004/11/6 23:24

• Jackwan

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/9/8 2

I think the basic XOOPS robot.txt is ok. The first line is

User-Agent: *

That means every one is welcomed including the google. The disallow statement has the files that google crawler should not look into such as the cgi-bin and other XOOPS system files. I believe this web site is crawled every night and the admin did not change the robot.txt

rocket98
  • 2004/11/7 5:57

• rocket98

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/2 2

Hi Jackwan,

That's probably true but this info looked specific to Mediapartners-Google web bot.

the way I read it these particular bots seek alternate info to portray better topical ads. If Google suggests it be used that way it must be for some good reason. Oh well I'll give it a try for a few weeks and see how the ads appear. Right now I get the same 4 ads on every page no matter what the page content suggests... maybe this will change it.

Regards
Rocket98

jfebus
  • 2005/1/8 15:33

• jfebus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/1 1

hi rocket98,

did you get good results?

Best Regards,

biglove
  • 2005/7/5 19:45

• biglove

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/8/18

Is there a way to hide one specific page in the robot.txt file?

I have a spammer that keeps registering an acct on my site to get a link back to his.

I'd like to just hide the one generated members page so that he could keep the acct but would not get the benefit of a link from my site.

thanks
Learn abouthttp://www.instantdirectmarketing.com and stay ahead of your competition and crush them with the science of marketing.

Login

Who's Online

187 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 187

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits