Dave_L
Re: QA Roadmap
  • 2005/1/2 21:53

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Quote:
... keeping developers in the QA loop. For instance, I would assume that no module would be included for QA testing before asking, and getting the approval of the module developer?

Developers are encouraged to be an integral part of the QA process. After our definition of the process is more mature, the XOOPS community, including developers, will be invited to review it and provide feedback. And hopefully the developer will be involved in the evaluation and testing of his module.

The tentative classification scheme I posted even has a provision for a developer to post his own certification level. But regardless of that, any module published at xoops.org should have its certification level indicated, for the benefit of people interested in using the module on their sites.

I'm not sure what the policy should be for modules that are only published elsewhere. As an open source project, all of this depends on voluntary cooperation by the participants.

danielh2o
  • 2005/1/7 8:18

• danielh2o

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/19

refer to ROADMAP:
General users maynot familiar with levels:A B C S U and then with certifier:1 2 3
I think "star levels" is much better for user imginations similar to Editor's mark at download.com.
Different "coloured star" or "icons-star" for certifier maybe better too since 1 2 3 showing a sequence or what...

Personally, I think "S" or "U" may have a negative feeling to the module, "No level" is better than that. And I suggest QA team should only start the cert-process after module owner approval (same as @brash), the "star" acts as a scheme/award. They spend much time on their own module, should have the chance to said 'NO' interest to join "star" award (as everyone, except themselve, is a 3rd party to judge)

I wonder if certifier 1 2 3 is a must or not (as foresee QA documents should guide all people to test it). Perhaps, Good point is it will give a sense of belongings and efforts appreciation to QA team/certifier.

PS: MarcoFr, your star ideas is not alone

I re-post my green ideas here (for easy reading and centralization)
https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1956&com_id=13120&com_rootid=13120&#comment13120

giba
  • 2005/1/7 8:23

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

Hi xoopers
thanks for add me to QA team

jensclas

Thanks for having me on the team - I'm one of those without technical skills so I'm likely to assist from the general user direction.

jorgebarrero

On the road map I would like to consider the "other non english languages". Some modules behave bad or don't follow the XOOPS rules for translations.

Marco
  • 2005/1/17 21:18

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

Dave_L,

can you close some threads, plz, so we start to stop posting everywere and begin to centralize discussion !!!
marco

Login

Who's Online

201 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 201

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits