filesiteguy
Install OK - No DB Update / No Site

I am new to XOOPS but have been admin for PHPbb for > 2years.

I am installing XOOPS on my local machine for development and testing prior to uploading to my host. I created a website and a MySQL DB for the site. I run the install script just fine. When I click on the last step - run database - nothing seems to happen. I get a blank screen. I've checked the permissions in MySQLcc several times. Nothing is written to the database. I don't see any error messages.

I'm running MySQL 4.0.21-2, PHP 4.3.8, Apache 2.0.

Ideas?

Cory5412
Re: Install OK - No DB Update / No Site
  • 2004/12/26 20:56

• Cory5412

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/26

Interesting. I am having this same problem.

My original guess was that it might be a permissions error, but I tried changing the permissions on index.php and nothing happened.

"hmm... I wonder."

tedsmith
  • 2004/12/26 21:24

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

There are loads of posts about Blank Pages in the forums, and in the FAQ because this is a very common problem that can be caused by a great deal of things, most commonly I think write permissions to certain folders like templates_c. Just do a search for 'Blank Page'.

Also, turn your debug mode on in System Admin\General Preferences and report your errors in your posts because without them it is very difficult for the experts (for which I am not one!) to diagnose your problem.

Mithrandir

Bender
  • 2004/12/26 22:02

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Guys, i am not sure if that FAQ entry helps him as he wrote that he is still at the install stage and nothing gets written to the db.

Mith maybe you can add the possibility below to the faq entry: (sorry if it is in there and i overlooked but i donĀ“t think so)

@filesiteguy / cory5412:
Mysql is enabled in php.ini?
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=27314&forum=1&post_id=118829#forumpost118829

filesiteguy

Thanks for the help. It is probably something I screwed up in either MySQL or Apache. I'm kinda new to Linux and this is only the second site i'd tried to install locally under my home directory.

I ended up just uploading to the server and installing from there.

I'll play with it more in the upcomng days. Now I gotta figure out my photo album issue...

Login

Who's Online

499 user(s) are online (44 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 499

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits