Draven
Any software programmers here (windows)???
  • 2004/12/10 21:31

• Draven

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/5/28

Or more specifically, anyone here that is familiar with building system tray like applications that basiclly display a webpage? What I mean are things like sys tray programs that are used in a lot of online support chat type programs where it's just a web page embedded in a windows application rather than a web browser? Something that can track simple things like if the mouse has been inactive for a period of time and then passing some variable to the embedded webpage (like javascript to alert the page that the computer is inactive?)

Any help would be a HUGE help! This is for a future module I have planned ;)

using a web browser alone is not an option since it can't track anything like mouse activity outside of the browser window.

Draven
Re: Any software programmers here (windows)???
  • 2004/12/11 18:51

• Draven

• Module Developer

Bump! No body?

LazyBadger

Probably I can tell something usefull.
you want display Web-page (URI) or html-page (local)?

Draven
  • 2004/12/12 20:35

• Draven

• Module Developer

basically I want to be able to call a webpage from within a software piece to monitor movement on the computer screen and alert the webpage if the computer has not been active for a specific time period (like 2 mins). I need something that can track the entire screen (and not just a browser window.

For instances lets say I'm working in photoshop and I walk away from the computer for a few mintues, I want this little sysem tray app to load a wepage within the app and submit that the computer is inactive. This is for an online time tracking module I'm building to track contract hours.

jpco_122122

If that things u want to do that's easy. Use or buy Perfect Keylogger, buy the latest version and there is a configuration there to include it in a distributed software made by u through a remote installation, and then everything will be ok u can now view the screen shots of all those people who are using your software.

Now if u want only a remote I can recommend something use VNC Viwer or Remote Admin. I have here u can buy for lower prices.

Hope it helps.

McNaz
  • 2004/12/13 7:42

• McNaz

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/21

Doing a little app that lives in the icon tray area of the screen that looks for a set idle time then does a post to a webpage shouldn't be a big problem.

I have 10 years Delphi experience and should be able to build this little app for you in a couple of days. Please PM me if interested with details and any rates you had in mind.

Cheers.

McNaz.

ajuden
  • 2004/12/13 20:55

• ajuden

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/17

Here is an app that I created. Be sure to view the instructions that are on the website. The download that you will be directed to is an MSI file that will install the program.

Judenware - URL Sender

Let me know if you need any changes or to view the source.

Draven
  • 2004/12/15 23:33

• Draven

• Module Developer

Thanks,

Do I need to register for your site to see the file? The link you gave was just a blank download page.

ajuden
  • 2004/12/16 0:55

• ajuden

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/17

Okay, I got it figured out. Sorry about that. You can download from the above link now.

Alan

Draven
  • 2004/12/17 7:44

• Draven

• Module Developer

Thanks bud, I really appreciate your hard work on this.

I hope I don't sound unappreciative, but this isn't quite what I had in mind.

What I need is an app just like yours that opens a broswer _in_ the app itself (think like the OLD msn messanger where the app is the box that holds the webpage inside of it. This is what the timer programe will be in (made in php) with buttons exposed in the app window for start, stop, puase ect.

The reason I want this all contained within the app and not a web browser page on it's own was for the functionality of dectecting when the computer goes inactive (the user has walked away) the app can reload the inner page and pass a varible that tells the PHP page to pause the timer. When the comp becomes active again the app would reload the inner page to tell PHP to start the timer again. Hope that makes sense.

Also having the app as the container allows everything to be confined to one neat little window that can be minimized to the system tray while you work.

For an example of what I plan to make, check outhttp://www.captureworks.com/TaskCapture.htm

This is the program I more or less want to recreate, the differece being all the buttons and so on that show inside the app are from a page and not the software itself. This will all tie in with a larger part of the module I am planning to build for contract people ( like web designers) to track work for clients. I'll be including a complete client module, billing, etc. This is just one piece to help track the time spent working on a project.

Again thanks bud. You don't have to make this, even if you can point me in the right direction for finding out how and what to build such a thing in, I can try to learn myself.

Login

Who's Online

177 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 177

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits