hervet
Re: What do you use to post News?
  • 2004/11/25 17:13

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

bd_csmc,

It's not an answer but did you post your requests to the tracker ?

Bye,
Hervé

twitaman
  • 2004/11/25 18:58

• twitaman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/7/28

What's the time frame for the release of AMS to the general audience again? I am a donator and I heard that there would be a release probably at the end of November and I was wondering if that was still the case.

Mithrandir

From ams.it-hq.org:
Quote:

Due to an excessive workload at the moment, I've had no choice but to push back the release date of the AMS module. I have currently penciled in a new release date of the 6th of December, but this still depends on several things falling into place. I'm very sorry for any inconveinience caused.

This is, of course, the release for the donators - the general public will have to wait some time after that.

brash
  • 2004/11/25 21:41

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Actually Mith, the 6th of December was intended to be the release date for the general public. Donors have had access to download AMS for nearly a month now. The delay is totally my fault though. I've been lagging behind on creating the user documentation, plus I am wanting to get a few things sorted server side as well before release.

@Jackwan

They are definitley there, and have been since the first donor release. You can see them on the AMS demo site which is running the exact same version of AMS as you if you are using 2.2. I'll try and make so time to have a look at your site, but it won't be until next week at the earliest.

ajaxbr
  • 2004/11/25 22:56

• ajaxbr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/25

Great Version Control features! I guess it's module-specific, with a versions table with a set number of fields? Would it be hard to make it rely on a core VC system, storing and calling data into/from a general versions table via serialize/unserialize? Or would it be better that each module has its own implementation of VC, perhaps diff tools, etc.?

brash
  • 2004/11/26 0:15

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Thanks ajaxbr . The versioning system is AMS specific, and I have no idea how hard it would be to rely on a core VC system. I really would have to read up on the links you privided in your thread before commenting either way really. My initial concern with any versioning system is bloat management, and feel this would really need to be look at closely. Especially if being done at core level.

JackJ
  • 2004/11/26 0:30

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

I noticed wfsection mentioned a few times

On my test site (macambridge.com) I have a version of the previous wfsection (1.1). A while ago Ladon had hacked this wfsection to look more like draven's layout, he called it "zmagazine", and included a spotlight feature for each article which appears on the now more atractive article index page. The layout looks prettier,and includeds automatic "read mores" etc.

https://xoops.org/modules/repository/singlefile.php?cid=12&lid=1333

I applied the known wfsection bug fixes to this module and also added the KOIVI wysiwyg editor at the backend and frontend. I then took the spotlight module and hacked it a bit to be compatible with this clone. The HTML or text content included in the "summary" box for each article appears as the teaser for each article, images included

I cloned/hacked this version called the clone simply "Content". I think it has turned oot to be a very good article management system. I did this for myself really, it delivers what I want and is stable. It is not available for download yet, but if anyone is interested please let me know.

I am working on a tutorial for wfsection which will be included in the next XOOPS for dummies. I know a newer version of wfsection is out and developing well, but this suits my requirements and has no known bugs.

Jackwan
  • 2004/11/26 16:50

• Jackwan

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/9/8 2

Quote:

brash wrote:

@Jackwan

They are definitley there, and have been since the first donor release. You can see them on the AMS demo site which is running the exact same version of AMS as you if you are using 2.2. I'll try and make so time to have a look at your site, but it won't be until next week at the earliest.

My appology, I did not give enough permissions to the users.

Login

Who's Online

200 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 200

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits