Oldpueblo
Re:Web stats doesen't work.. why?
  • 2004/11/17 6:44

• Oldpueblo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/9

Okay I set that option to yes but then all I got was a blank page whenever I tried to get to my website. So I deleted the contents of template_c (renamed it actually) and its back now. But am I back to square one? I put the old theme.html files and the .css files back (from backups) so I'm going to start over. I'm really unfamiliar with the structure of xoops, so I'm afraid to make tons of changes without knowing what effects will happen. So to sum up, I just need to modify the theme.html in the xoops/html/themes/default/ directory or somewhere else?

sylvainb
  • 2004/11/17 6:51

• sylvainb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/2/11

You only have to do what you have already done into your theme.html file and erase all files into templates_c folder after you are sure that the new file is uploaded.
You don't need to be afraid about that because all files will be rebuilt by xoops.

If you used the second option (set to YES...), don't forget to set it back to NO.

[Edit]
I see you're attempting to update your theme.html file and then -> Blank page.
Are you sure that the theme.html file you are uploading is set onto your website with the right permissions (at least chmod 444 read/read/read)?[/Edit]

Oldpueblo
  • 2004/11/17 7:04

• Oldpueblo

• Just popping in

Yeah I'm getting a blank page, but the theme.html is actually 644. Am I modifying the wrong file?

Oldpueblo
  • 2004/11/17 7:15

• Oldpueblo

• Just popping in

I think I got it. My FTP program was either not overwriting the new file I was transferring up or it was overriding the permissions I was setting. I used a different program and saw that the themes.html file had the wrong permissions. I'll see if this works now. Are the .css changes really necessary, or are they just cosmetic? Thanks or your help!

Oldpueblo
  • 2004/11/17 15:29

• Oldpueblo

• Just popping in

Maybe I spoke to soon. It seems to be working, but it seems slow. Is there a lag time involved in updating the stats? I had a guy visit and I visited from another computer, but it looks like it only went up by one. And then only after awhile. Any thought? I have yet to do that IE6 cookie thing, is that it?

sylvainb
  • 2004/11/17 20:57

• sylvainb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/2/11

Hello Oldpueblo.

You have an option (into the admin part of the module) where you can set the cookie lifetime.
You can try to decrease this time.

Also, please, ensure yourself that you don't set any cache time to this module into XOOPS settings (system admin -> preferences -> general settings -> Module-wide Cache option).

Login

Who's Online

146 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 146

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits